Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

I won't be surprised if that happens before too long, although the show gets better ratings than most of their lineup, in some fairly weak timeslots.

Then again if the show is bringing in new people I guess they may not be cutting down. I guess we'll see if this is some web show.

Out of control pensioners crashing in an empty Home Farm...

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess this is the big change. It's bigger for people in the UK I guess. Pauline Quirke, who was apparently on a very popular sitcom over there, is joining the show, she'll be playing Jackson's mother.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a222433/pauline-quirke-joins-emmerdale.html

I do wonder if people may eventually stop paying attention to the big news teasers when it actually does turn out to be huge news. :lol:

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Yes, Natasha finally put her punk ass son in his place. Marvelous. I heavily await Nathan's next move. :)

I am really loving Nikhil/Maisie. I hope when Debbie returns she'll be thrown in and we'll have ourselves a great and fun triangle on our hands.

The house that Declan bought ... is there a story there? Who used to live there? Why is it all messed up?

Alas, the sign is changed at The Garage. Hallelujah.

I forgot to mention how much my heart broke for Aaron on Thursday. And then today, I was really looking forward to a possible Gennie/Aaron bonding scene or something. When he called her frumpy and I was so let down. LoL

• Members

What is the name of the house? Then I might remember the history. Right now I'm just drooling over Declan...

I was right there with you about Gennie and Aaron. I know that's how he would see Gennie but I felt just awful for her. She really does care. At least she was actually included in the story. She's barely been involved. Seeing her more with Shadrach and Chas and now Aaron I hope it's a sign for the future. The woman who plays Gennie is so underrated. She was the one who really got to me in all that when Jamie broke up with her and left town. Her cries and screams as he left just gutted me.

Cain and Ryan teasing Aaron was such fun but with an edge, as Aaron is starting to regret his choices (like when Ryan teased him about being violent). I like the Ryan/Aaron relationship almost as much as the sweet Aaron/Adam.

How good were those scenes, especially when Aaron ran his hand down Adam's cheek. And Jackson's anger at Aaron, which was so strong, and really seemed to rattle Aaron.

I did kind of roll my eyes at the "kiss" between Jackson and his friend -- that was barely a peck on the cheek. Something tells me that anyone who is looking forward to some hot moments between Aaron and any men are going to be disappointed.

Oh no it is good news, I was just talking about in relation to what we were speculating on. So what do you think of her?

• Members

Amello, here's what I found about the house, Dale Head, in my 2002 Emmerdale book.

Dale Head Farm

Dale Head Farm sits at the other end of the terrace from Pear Tree Cottage, on the same side of Main Street as the Woolpack. Whoever lives there (we've never seen them) also owns the barn next door.

Is there a barn there now, and is the Woolpack nearby? I guess it at least has the same name.

I'm not sure if anything has gone on there between 2002 and 2010. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

• Members

Pauline Quirke should be quite good on Emmerdale. I liked her on Birds of a Feather. Though I would have actually thought she'd be more suited for EastEnders lol...but then again just because she's a Londoner and has mainly worked for the BBC in the past doesn't mean she can't do Emmerdale.

• Members

Yes, they are. Viv was great then. I still like her now but she hasn't been quite the same, I think it's because she went so OTT when Anita Turner was producer, as Turner loved Val and Eric and their comedy stories. Since then the show has toned her down quite a bit.

Did you hear that line from Bob about how Jamie was "sleeping his way around Spain." Does that sound like Jamie to you?