Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

I am so happy you brought that up, AMS! Peggy certainily has no "the" in her vocabulary and it drives me batty. Thankfully, at present time, that has been done away with. But even still, it's weird for me to hear, Me instead of My. Grates on me, from time to time. LoL

At the end of episode eight, it seems Joe has gotten in a crash, is that what you're referring to, or are you talking about something that happens down the line?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I've been watching these eps for months, but I've been going at them so slowly. But somehow, I'm on my fourth episode since last night. I might finish the first twenty by the end of the week.

But yeah, the no the's and no a's...they all do it, but Peggy just goes to town. I think I once heard Joe ask "Where's towel?" and they all say "...gone t' pub." It always sounds like they've given those objects names.

• Members

I like Andrew Burt quite a bit as Jack; he really hits the outsider role very well. The cast is very strong. Frazer Hines is a very underrated actor, to go from a role like Jamie McCrimmon to Joe Sugden. He doesn't look the age Joe was supposed to be (didn't they say Joe was like 18 or 19 or am I misremembering) but he still brings youthful energy to the role.

I love Annie, especially when she gives people what for, and I love her relationship with her father. She has to treat him as if he's one of her children, as he has that mischievous twinkle in his eye.

• Members

I'm catching up on some recent episodes and, while I really like Adam and it's great that a young man in this day and age can be so positive and lacking bitterness, I was annoyed when he kept going on at his father for the kiss with Eve. Yes it was wrong but John realized that immediately. He didn't exactly give her one in the Woolpack. I've known so many couples who have committed far more flagrant adulteries, and they would have probably ripped their child's head off if they had attitude like Adam was giving.

I haven't seen yesterday's show yet. Was Holly any less wooden than usual? I hope so, otherwise I wish they hadn't given her a major story.

• Members

Get her Viv!

OMG, Charity's actually alive! I have a gripe though. Why did they go out of their way of having them in the episode if they weren't going to be at The Dingle Dinner? Stuff like that infuriates me and this show does it ALL the time.

But again, please God, never take Charity away for that long again. I don't think I could bear it.