EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Having a pic of Wilmott-Brown in the Beale family photo album must rank right up there as one of the most stupid things EE has ever done, alongside Michelle’s son Mark speaking with a Surrey accent despite having lived his entire life in Florida.

Edited by TimWil

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's at 11 minutes. One of the dumbest things ever on this show, which is saying a lot.

I also hated, hated, hated the stuff with Michelle and her stalker. I ranted about that elsewhere, but essentially the message of this is comedy material that tells us who gives a damn what a violent stalker will do to other women as long as you leave Michelle alone.

• Members

I agree, Carl, it was AWFUL. And it wasn’t even brought up that the reason Tom was most likely obsessed with Michelle was because she physically resembled his wife very closely. If she had died and he was still in grief over that, OK. It’s understandable that he thought he’d found a replacement in Michelle. But then it turned out they were divorced and she was living with their kids in another city! So, so bad.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

I've never known an era of EastEnders where so many things don't make any logical sense. As mentioned that Willmott-Brown photo, how did that scene even manage to get into an episode? I was so confused

Please register in order to view this content

And Billy and Tina was so ridiculous, even the actors looked like they struggled with that scene and knew it was a complete farce. Michelle wouldn't have dinner with Tom alone, Sharon wouldn't agree to let Michelle do that in her house, and Kathy wouldn't have stayed in the café for half an hour talking to her rapist. Ugh.

• Members

When it comes to Whitney, why bother still trying with her? Whitney has not been endearing since her original story when she was being groomed by Bianca's perverted husband at the time. She, Woody, and the Carters can all pack up and go at this point. 

This Wilmott-Brown story isn't as good as it could be either. I hate that poor Max is tied to this crap story, and it'll lead to his demise within the next year. 

I am praying that John Yorke has fixed this show b/c EE is dreadful. I find myself FF through 90% of the show. 

• Members

OK, so why is Michelle, who went to university and spent the better part of the past twenty years in academia, still using the word “ain’t”? It’s ridiculous. Don’t give me any of that “she’s just trying to fit in” garbage.

I was hoping that Kathy would elaborate on “the coast” by saying she’d be staying for a bit with her sister Stephanie in, where was it, Devon or Cornwall? She hasn’t mentioned her since 1985 so I’m a tad shaky on which seaside hamlet it was. 

As for Donna Ludlow it’s quite possible Ben already knows about her. And it was silly of Ben to ask if Michelle and Sharon knew about JWB when there was a court case and I think Michelle was there for all of it.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

I went to college and have a degree in English. I use the word "ain't" all the time too. I know many people that are college educated that use the word when they are comfortable and around people that aren't their professional peers. It's just local color, and I find it to be one of the few honest things about the character. People in the South use it all the time and wasn't Michelle in Florida all this time? She most likely picked it up. Glad the writers are instilling that in her, honestly.