EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Alvin, Carley Stenson has a video on that channel as well.

I would never have suspected in a million years that he could sing. This shows me that Lee is really just all wrong for him. That video showed he could make me care, much more than his horrible angry emoticon faces he makes on the show.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Other than DTC's obvious hard-on for Matt Di Angelo, I really can't justify why Dean's rapist ass is still on this show. Not only do they appear to be whitewashing his crime, but Di Angelo is also one of the very worst actors in all of soaps.

Pretty to look at yes, but you get over that, just totally unwatchable.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I hope Tiana has been taking acting lessons as well if she ever comes back, she was just as green as Matt was. They never did anything substantial with her though, this is one of the only moments that automatically comes to mind when I think of her:

God, 2006-2007 had some awful ass moments.

I think DTC, like most of the past producers, has very little interest in the Foxes though. He wouldn't possibly invest in anyone without the last name Carter.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

It's tough, because I think Matt di Angelo gets too much stick at times, but I just can't really watch any of his stories now. It's the rape, yes, but more than anything it's the odious "mother's love" trope with Shirley where we're supposed to cry for her because her sons are at war and she just wants everyone to be happy (on her terms), and isn't this sad.

I dread Shabnam being her next target.

I thought Tiana had some potential, especially after Lucas came around. The drug story was terrible, but she wasn't bad at the end. She also had a lot more chemistry with Scott Maslen than Sam Womack ever did, but we know that wasn't happening.

I like Kim and I think Tameka's done a great job over the years, especially since her return, but you see the show working hard (for now anyway) to increase her role, and Denise is still just there, not even able to get a job, much less anything else. And it's such a waste. I couldn't help comparing her, just sitting there, with Ellen Thomas hamming it up on Friday, and it just made me wonder why DTC can't use an actress who was already there and who has done so much with scraps.

• Members

I really do find the wasteful neglect of Diane Parish's enormous talent and appeal to be utterly baffling. Empire just started airing in the UK, I think. She must watch that, see Taraji P. Henson tear that show apart, stare down at her dinner and weep.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

I thought Tiana had potential too and she did have stellar chemistry with Scott Maslen. IMO, she was his BEST pairing.

And you putting into perspective of what Diane's role is on EE is the primary reason I don't watch anymore. I just can't watch this woman be tossed aside like trash, and I felt that happened once DTC got his precious Jane back. I know many people didn't care for Ian/Denise, but I did. I thought she had great potential to become the next Beale matriarch. She has more of backbone to put Ian and his kids in place than Jane does.

Diane [and Nitrin too] get no love.

She should weep. She been there for almost ten years and she still is treated like sh-t.

• Members

I didn't buy Denise and Ian as a couple for purely shallow reasons-she deserves someone attractive looking and Ian has rever been remotely physically attractive even when he looked his best (which for me was around 2005, believe it or not).

Edited by TimWil