Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I started watching this soap Sunday.  I know.  I was looking at British Soap Opera openings, and I liked this shows opening.  I also was interested in British Soaps because of Mal Young taking over of Y&R.  Anyway I have now watched all of June's episodes, and currently working on the Ste/Harry relationship story.  Someone on youtube did an excellent job breaking everything down from the begining to now.  I am on Part 25.

Anyway I really like the show.  I have always watched my Y&R and B&B.  I find it hard to figure out everyone because I know the back story to everybody on those shows, but this one I am learning.  And there are so many characters!  I will figure it out!

• Members

I've been watching regularly every day again for a while now. I roll my eyes at times with how contrived and rushed some things are, and how things are forced and you clearly see the plot point for why coming a mile away, but it entertains the hell out of me. I really enjoy the show for the most part. A few years ago it was so incredibly dark and Patrick, Sienna (who I love now but come on, this bitch should not be walking around town like a regular citizen), Trevor, Sinead and Ste and other characters just worked my nerve. It's better balanced now. I like the cast.

I don't know why I don't post in this thread. But sometimes I fall behind. I use a livestream link to watch it live every day now when I can, and they do an omnibus on Sunday. Just gotta remember the time difference ...

• Members

Are you watching any other UK soaps at the moment?

Cruising Soaps - you may want to try the McDean clips from 2007. The story isn't really as good as it's sometimes made out to be, but there are so many wonderful characters on display. That era was a wonderful period for the show.

• Members

She's back briefly. Most of her story was last year. She (playing Reenie McQueen) was in a story about generations of abuse - her mother, Marlena McQueen, didn't believe her when she said Marlena's boyfriend sexually abused her. Years later, she didn't believe her daughter Porsche when Porsche said Reene's boyfriend, Pete, sexually abused her. He went on to sexually abuse her younger daughter, Cleo. He's awaiting trial. She's in prison for theft or something.

• Members

I still am curious if the return of Cindy's family is a good thing.

Reenie went after Pete and is in jail for that. Porsche was a child of rape as Reenie was raped by her mother's partner. This all was revealed after he died and left money to his daughter. 

• Members

Loved the skydiving with Jade and Alfie :wub: love them. Tom needs to take a hike. He and Peri not getting much airtime pleases me because they're both so grating. I can go back to liking Tom if he stays away from Jade.

Damn at Grace's brother. Hello there :wub: lucky Maxine. LMAO at Sienna faking being her bestie now. Ready for the climax to Nico/Patrick. And I know she wasn't on today but lord Nico is a loon. I'm so ready for her to get hers. I still have to LOL at her being the one to take down Patrick and Trevor.

LOL at the camera capturing Marnie and Freddie. I don't get the show's obsession with Freddie but he's become a bit more tolerable and I don't mind him with Ellie or Marnie. But eh.

I like Cindy and Dirk together. I'm guessing her sister will cause some drama considering they are now free to be happy again, so in HO style, contrived drama will follow.