Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

Hollyoaks is a crazy beast, but it's consistent in its way. For the most part, and I have said this before, the show has been on fire since Mercedes "died" and they fixed Grace into the great A list character she is today.

I wonder if Joel will mention Bart at all upon his return. Kirkwood must have really hated him a lot to get rid of a McQueen, so I doubt it. I hope with his return, albeit recast, that means the awful creation of Spencer has basically been swept from existence. The only good scene he ever had is when Clare met him and asked aloud "What is actually wrong with you?" RIP Clare. I'll miss you always.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm use to the large casts myself, but your question made me do a tally between all 4 shows. Hollyoaks: 52, EastEnders: 44, Emmerdale: 59, Coronation Street: 57. Based on episode quantity these numbers (give or take some guest/supporting characters and some children) seem to make sense. Personally, I would love all the soaps to only be two episodes a week with much smaller casts, so I can see how you would be overwhelmed.

• Members

Am about a month behind on Hollyoaks, but did the show ever reveal where Kim and Lindsey's sister Kath was after Lindsey abducted her and then died?

And has there been any mention of Silas after he killed Lindsey? Are the police even looking for him or is it a case of "He did us (and the viewers) a favour"?

• Members

It was so nice to see Cindy and Tom acknowledging each other's existence again. We don't get it nearly often enough. Kirkwood and genuine relationships that aren't connected to plot have always been an issue for him, but man I wish we could see more of them together. I can't wait for that one quick scene they'll show us of Tom meeting Jude for the first time, probably months after she's arrived.

• Members

The Joanne obsessing over Joe story is a big miss. Why is she still on the show? Especially when the Lovedays are MIA.

The scenes where James cared after JP only for him to bring him back to the MacQueen's, where he told him he wasn't up to it and broke him and Scott for a cheap bet, were some of the most compelling scenes I've seen on that show this year.

Interested in seeing what they'll do with the Courtney character. I'd like some continuity with the Lomaxes. Tegan stopped believing Ste (re: Cameron) when he went on and on about Warren but now that it's a fact he's back in town, will they follow it up? Cameron needs to pay. There's not an appealing bone left in that character's body. At least with Nico, she's fun to watch when she's not bullying cancer patients.

Is Reenie gone for good? What a waste. I don't care about Diego and his ex-wife. Also sorry but those scenes where he begs Myra to forgive him were badly acted.