SOD: B&B Revamp?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess I'm in the minority but I don't really want Amber back. I don't think she fits in that well on Y&R, but I don't think she would on B&B now. All of the new young characters on B&B seems too.....mature for her, maybe? Although I could probably tolerate her if they had her work for Jackie in a competitive fashion house against Forrester. I am hopeful that with Steffy, Marcus, and Owen, B&B can get some of it's young-ness back. SF, LAD, PD, and the others are great, but I think we need some youngsters around too.

And about Heather Tom. I do think she's amazing. But some of her material has been so repetitive that a small part of her is becoming tiresome. Give her something fresh to do.

• Members

I don't think we will EVER see Flannery on the front burner again. She is retiring, and it shows.

Taylor has been RUINED. She could be brought back, but I don't know if Brad wants the real Taylor (strong, stable matriarch) on his show.

And Brooke...also RUINED...unless she can mature past a "young girl who lives based on hopes and dreams". Much as I like KKL, I wonder if she has the chops to play a more mature Brooke?

• Members

This seems kind of like a funny thread for "spoilers" :-).

I have decided I like the new rocky, fast-cut scene transitions.

BUT...the show doesn't match it yet. So, I just saw one (watching real time for once a year!) where we saw these scenes of LA/Beverly Hills and a shimmering pool...and it all looked good. Close up on a window. Okay...we're going inside. But then...inside...we have a slow, classic conversation with Katie and Brooke.

The interiors (pacing, style) doesn't match the exteriors at all. If they don't bring these elements in harmony, it is pointless. This is one show that is so staid...so landlocked...I'd love to see stylistic transitions within the scenes too.

ETA: While pacing could be fixed on the rooftop scenes, I'm totally loving the exteriors. Moving trees, sunlight...it all adds a lot to the scenes. I actually think GL looks beautiful often now too...especially the Bill Lewis wedding yesterday.

• Members

It's much easier to have the entrance right in to the living area for logistics purposes. That way you leave the "door open" (sorry for the pun) for people to just walk in or walk out easily, instead of having them go down a hallway.

Archived