SOD: B&B Revamp?

• Members

Before I say anything - I hate dogs. What is this topic about?! I'm p!ssed at Cat for saying this:

WHAT?! :blink: This is a lèse majesté! I less important than sheilaforever?! :lol::P

You would have to wait for Y&RWorldTurner to come to explain this.

The only thing this discussion proves is that I hate jokes in virutal reality. You never know if people are joking and when you find out, you never know if there's any hidden agenda, any hate behind all the "funny" comments.

The only person I could never get angry at is Ben. I like Ben. A lot. :P

Because I am. B) Why on Earth do you think that a sylph must be female?! :blink:

See, I don't know how to interpret this? Is it a b!tchy comment or a genuinely funny line?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In response to my saying "citizen of the world"

Not bitchy at all! Indeed, I don't think I'm capable of that.

Sylph, to me you project an international image. As others have said...the British spelling, the copious use of French, working knowledge (apparently) of German and Spanish, the German version of Excel, awareness of telenovelas AND mangas AND European soaps...

I cannot place you (nor do I want to). I sincerely love that you are everywhere, and know so much. I have learned much from you...but more importantly, your thought provoking questions have really opened up my horizons to some things. For this, I owe you a debt of gratitude.

"Citizen of the world" is a high compliment from me. I personally am a citizen of two North American countries (duh!) and lived in Europe...so I enjoy going "beyond borders" in my thinking and cultural awareness. But mostly I'm just a landlocked American who doesn't venture too far these days. This is why I love the international perspective that you bring?

Usually, when I try to be funny, I remember the smilies, etc. And I SELDOM try to be bitchy. There is only ONE person on all of SON who tempts me to be bitchy...but mostly (thanks, again to a trick you taught me) I just ignore.

This thread makes me laugh because it now has nothing to do with B&B or Spoiler or Revamp :).

ETA: You also reference classical literature, the history of soaps and media more general, every article ever written about media in the NYT and elsewhere, the historical press on soaps... It is MIND BOGGLING. 'Citizen of the World' still is the phrase that best fits for me, no irony intended.

• Members

CO-SIGN on your entire post. You said it better than I ever could.

First of all, nobody is less important than anybody else. :lol: I was mock-comforting SF who was obviously playing at being mock-hurt.

Second, nobody is having a joke at your expense. :lol: I assure you, there is no hate behind the "funny comments." I am teasing you. Probably because you are so adept at teasing people here with your thought-provoking posts and opinions.

I had never really thought about what your background might be until I saw the way you spelled "coloured." See, I am so used to the British spelling that I have to remind myself to spell it the US way -- that's why it stuck out. So, anyway, I jumped all over that and polluted this thread with the "Guess where Sylph is from?" game. Which I acknowledge has annoyed the [!@#$%^&*] out of people here (including yourself!) who just want to discuss B&B. So... my apologies everybody. And back to our regularly scheduled programming. B)

• Members

Sadly, as soon as the scraped Storm's story, they fingered him as Stephanie's shooter, and his days were numbered. It's like, without the gay association, they couldn't think of anything else for the character to do long term. :rolleyes: Very sad. Ooh, did you guess with Forrester I was referring to? If so, would you have gone along with it, or thought it would've been out of character? Felicia, I would totally buy; it's plausible that she would be gay or bi, and in not following through with this possibility, they're letting her great potential slip away.

No, it doesn't refer to Clive Robertson. Nor is it my actual name. It's a short story really, but this isn't the place to go into that.

I can just imagine that sentence concluding with 'Because... [insert certain word beginning with 'S'] :rolleyes: I really don't how to take that. On the one it's a total complement, but on the other, it's kind of deflating. Is my sincerity that obvious? This is puzzling.

And for the record, I've never taken Cat to be anything more than, what you see is what you get. I think if she was being bitchy, you'd probably know about it.

Like I said, I assumed it had more to do with you picking the name to suit your attributes. That's obviously not the case, as the word is normally used to describe the female form, not the man's. But that theory was clearly all wrong, which brings us back to the definition of the imaginary creatures inhabiting the sky. And if it's not that, then I'm stumped. And for the record, if I had thought of the latter, I probably would have still assumed you were a chick - you can blame society for that.

• Members

I was going to go with what-the-hell-story-do-we-give-him Thorne.

Then I thought, no. WH is too clean-cut. Dude played quarterback back on his HS football team, for crying out loud!

Ridge? Lord knows Mr. Metrosexual loves the Isadora Duncan scarves and necklaces. But, no. That would be like ignoring 20+ years of B&B lore. Widge can't see a skirt without wanting to dive-bomb the woman wearing it.

Thomas? Too young-looking. Just picture it... Storm and Thomas. :blink:

So I'm going to go with... Rick. B)

ETA: Eeek! Wait! No! Rick is Storm's nephew! :o

Back to Thorne, then.

Thank you for your chivalrous defence! I try to be bitchy about characters -- and not to actual posters -- as a general rule. B)

And for what it's worth? I think Sylph was paying you an honest compliment. Easy to see why -- you are an erudite and gracious poster.

I also think he may be teasing us a little re: being bitchy, just as I/we have been joking with him over the past few days. :)

• Members

You were right the first time - it was Thorne. I think it would've depended on the angle - he does have a troubled and deadly history with woman, and if they'd have played on that insecurity, it might have worked. Yeah, he's clean-cut, but I kinda thought that jokey full on kiss he gave RM at the Australian Logie awards, showed that he's up for anything... so to speak.

I noticed you left Eric off of that list! :lol:

I never really know how to respond to compliments, so I'll just stick with the tried and tested, thank you.

• Members

Thank you, Mark! :wub: I'm embarrassed by the amount of compliments you threw at me! Place me somewhere in the USA. :P

Deflating?! :o It was an honest compliment! And of course I would be offended you really offended me. That's a given, isn't it?

It's the airy spirit. There are male sylphs, you know? :P BTW, I hate how you formulated that last sentence: "assumed you were a chick". That was boredering on - if not downright - offensive.

Precisely!

Thank God someone got it! :lol: I adore you, Cat! And why on Earth did you remove Finola as your avatar? :huh:

• Members

Storm and Thomas would make an interesting couple. Storm and Ridge would make a better couple. Imagine Brooke's reaction! :lol:

I'd love a new storyline where Donna starts suspecting Eric of having an affair. Eric would leave the house with Katie every night and one night Brooke and Donna would follow them only to discover that Eric is a crossdresser and Katie is his best friend who helps him with the make up and the clothes.

Archived