Loving/The City Discussion Thread

• Members

Okay so everyone else probably knew this but I didn't know that ABC let Lisa Peluso go with the transformation to The City. I only just learned that from reading Branco's recent interview with Peluso. I didn't keep up with the behind-the-scenes goings-on back then and I always just assumed that she had left of her own choice. It never crossed my mind that TPTB would be dumb enough to have ditched Peluso.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I hate reading his interviews (especially as he mentioned in the past that he NEVER watched Loving, and now is acting liek a huge fan lol) but I gotta read--I assumed she left on her own too. In hindsight IMHo it was a mistake but maybe with diva Morgan fairchild coming on and the desire to really shake up the cast (none of the really core Corinth family members made the move) they thought to drop her

• Members

At the time I did figure she'd been fired, just because she had stayed for so many years and I couldn't see why she would have left of her own accord as they were launching a new version of the show.

I think they wanted to make Alex more hip or sexy or whatever, and pairing him with Danny's sister (who was given the "mental illness makes her a prostitute" story so we could see how hot she was) was apparently supposed to do that. Alex/Jocelyn never did much for me.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Out of boredome was trolling youtube for more Loving clips (it can be hard to find something as genericlly named as Loving lol) and got all excited to find all the ones this guy posted, only to find out they're not in English. Not sure what era they're from (late 80s early 90s?) Early 90s I think cuz it seems to be Jack and Stacey the first time around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4xAmJNteM0&feature=related

• Members

Raidue, those Eye-talians and their 30 min. U.S. soap operas. :P

The word "fired" never crossed my mind either, though I sensed it was more of a mutual decision, like Lisa wanted to take a break as well. Two years later, she was playing Lila on AW (which looked even more fun for her than Ava). I like Lisa, but in my heart I'll always think of that exotic beauty, the late Roya Megnot as Ava, she was like Erica and Tina rolled into one. Gone fart oo young. I guess whoever edited this clip wasn't that much of a fan as he/she seems to have edited her scenes out. :P

• Members

well towards the end of CITY's run, there was a lot of talk about Sandy (alex and ava's) son moving to NYC. I always felt that Ava was going to come along and cause problems for Alex and Jocelyn since they had hit a point in their relationship where they were "happy". Then the cancellation came and no Sandy, no Ava, and Alex was left with the hooker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The part I most liked, aside from getting to see more of Roya's Ava (she's quite striking, and she reminds me of Judy Tenuta for some reason) is the confrontation scene between Ann and Gwen. Ann seems like an interesting character. Why was she written out? Did they think Gwen was the only somewhat older woman they needed on the canvas?

That Lily is annoying. She replaced Jennifer Ashe, right?

I was surprised at how good Mantooth was as Clay. Or "Clay".

Edited by CarlD2