Loving/The City Discussion Thread

• Members

Thank you for all the details. Was Lotty married to Curtis Alden?

I was watching some of a 1989 episode on Youtube and Jack was charming Stacey on a train trip. Did he play Jack all along? Why did he leave? Perry Stephens seemed good from the little I saw. He reminds me of Simon Baker. Too bad Stacey didn't get to have a happy ending with him instead of dating Buck and getting killed.

You never hear a lot about Stacey considering she was on the show from the start almost to the finish.

That's funny about Grainger and Wikipedia.

Who was Trisha's brother Rick?

Edited by CarlD2

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Lotty was originally introduced as Lorna Forbes' cellmate when she was accused of killing Zona Beecham. Lotty was romanced by Curtis, but I think she was already married to Eban Japes. It may have been a common law marriage, but Eban seemed to make a big deal about it. Eban was killed at TRisha and Steve's wedding. Ned worked Steve at the garage keeping them all connected.

Lotty and Curtis did marry after Curtis and Ava'a marriage went kaput and I think they left town shortly after. They must have done it by contract because I think Curtis left first followed by Lotty and then Ned joined them. I may be remembering this bit incorrectly.

Stephens was replaced by Christopher Cass who played the part for year, or maybe two. I believe Cass' big story was his infidelity with Dinahlee or Stacey believing Jack had banged their nanny, Dinahlee. I don't think the intention was to kill off Jack. In February 1991, Cabot Alden kicked the bucket and left the fortune to Jack unless Clay was able to produce an heir (apparently Curtis was non-existant). Anyway, CLay had impregnanted San Rafael refugee/Amourelle model Abril Domeq who was going to give her baby to Trisha and Trucker after their own child, Christopher, had died. Trisha and Trucker even named Abril's baby, a boy, Thomas after Trucker (Trucker was simply a nickname). Tommy was suppose to inherit the fortune upon becoming legal, but until that point Jack was given the fortune.

In June 1992, Clay Alden learned AE janitor Tim Sullivan was his biological father just as he was passing away. Apparently, Isabelle had slept with Tim while Cabot was off fighting a war and little Clay was the result. Clay was devastated and determined to ruin the family. In June/July, Jack and Stacey remarried and Jack managed to disappear during their honeymoon cruise. Around the same time, Clay disappeared. When he returned, he managed to drug Stacey, the new AE heir, into marriage and proceeded to have her locked away after driving her insane. Initally, it seemed Clay might have known about Jack's whereabouts, but it was never really stated firmly.

The last time it was really handled was during the Cradle Foundation storyline which brought Cabot Alden back from the dead. Cooper believed Jack was actually alive and went as far as telling Stacey he was alive. This was July or August 1994 when the show was being preempted left and right for OJ Simpson. Simpson did really hurt "Loving" who was in the middle of a creative renaissance.

I don't know why Stephens left. I've read some early reviews which state he could be wooden at times. Since he was recast I assume he left of his own accord. Sadly, he passed away a few years ago.

I know most love the Cornith serial killer plot, but I don't think it was a good idea. In the end, the Alden family was to important to those few fans who were left. Many were not impressed with the final year as a whole.

Stacey/Jack and Shana/Jim were the shows first 'big' couples and neither of them got together until 1984. Stacey/Jack did care for one another, but Jack was dealing with the revelation Dane Hammond was his father. Jack sought comfort from Ava, who Dane admired. Ava got pregnant just as Stacey became engaged to Jack's boarding school chum Tony Perelli. On Tony and Stacey's wedding day, Stacey said, "I take thee, Jack...." YIKES! Anyway, Jack didn't want to marry Ava, and then she lost the baby. Her sister Sheri was preggers as well and Dane offered to give Ava the money to buy Sheri's baby. Sheri had another daughter, Patty, who needed hip surgery so her desire for money was centered in a love for her child. Anyway, Jack and Ava married, but their marriage was a shame. Almost immediately, Jack and Stacey got back togehter infuriating Ava. Ava and Jack divorced and Ava got custody of little Johnny. At some point, Tony and Stacey reunited and went to live in California. Jack eventually joined them with baby Johnny. Later, Johnny was given back to his real parents and Jack suffered a brain tumor while Stacey was pregnant with their son. This took them til about the end of 1986.

From 1987 to 1988, you have the return of Lily Slater, freshly escaped from the nuthouse. Lily comes back to town to seduce Jack away from his wife while Rick Alden decides he wants Stacey for himself. Lily and Jack had an affair and Lily went nuts again, while Jack wanted to back off after Steve died saving Stacey and J.J.'s life. Stacey learned the truth and turned to Rick for comfort. During the Writer's Strike, Lily was involved with a battered woman and her abusive husband at a homeless shelter. I'm not really clear on the details. Anyway, Tom King and Millee Taggert arrived and wrote Lily off. Jack became involved with a character name Jolie, but I'm not clear on how this all came about.

Rick Alden was the son Gwyn gave up for adoption. He came to town after Clay turned out to be alive, but turned out to be a 'fraud' when the blood test showed he couldn't be Clay and Gwyn's son. Of course, this was because Clay was really Alex Masters. I'm not sure what Rick during the Ron Tummi run, but the recast was involved with Stacey. She wrote a book about her romance with the Alden cousins, had a baby by Rick, was drugged into marriage by Rick, and was later accused of Rick's murder. Rick was a baddie who got involved in one scheme too many and ended up dead because of it.

• Members

Universal Florida (King Kong kidnapped Ava). It was before ABC was owned by Disney ;)

Cearanever had a contract role on Loving--she was on briefly in 91 (when her and Jeremy went to Corinth to work on their marriage)then the following year when Jeremy made the movie Ceara was shot justr before she could (cuz ABC wanted the actress on GH)

• Members

Just to clarify, Genie Francis only appeared on "Loving" from October until December 1991. When Jeremy arrived in Cornith in October 1992, he was alone. Ceara had agreed to move with him and was set to arrive in Decemeber. When Ceara arrived at the airport, a drug dealer was being apprehended and Ceara was shot and killed during a shoot out. I believe a body double was used.

• Members

Why was there such a long gap between the time Ceara died and the time Laura returned to GH? And when did Genie leave AMC? Did she just sit on the ABC payroll for a year waiting to work again?

I often felt like her heart wasn't quite in her GH work when she returned. Was she better as Ceara?

• Members

It was much better--her incest story was front burner when I started watching, and although I was young she became quickly a fave of mine.

Agnes Nixon's website has some original advertising for Loving--butI can't make the picture big enough to clearly read! Can anyone help? http://www.agnesnixon.com/photos/other-soaps/loving-two.php

http://www.agnesnixon.com/about/ also mentions Agnes being very proud of her supernatural storyline with the guy sellling his soul to the devil on Loving ;)

Edited by EricMontreal22

• 1 month later...