Loving/The City Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I believe Teri Keane’s original run was through either January or June 1984. I feel like they shipped Pat and Rose Donovan to Florida in January but that Keene as Rose appeared a few times as Rose afterwards. 

Keane returns as Rose Donovan at some point in 1990 around the time Jackie Babbin arrives, I suspect. She appears in recurring bits through November 1991. For Christmas 1991, Stacey says her parents are visiting Doug in California.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm gonna leave Uncle Porkchop and his unnatural burgundy hair alone.

I would cast Jennifer Ashe as a spooky older lady for some story on a soap in a minute. She was so good on both ATWT and this. Lauren-Marie Taylor took years to finally begin to age at all, but she still looks lovely and is a regular on the horror convention scene thanks to Friday the 13th.

A nice cast shot from Twitter I'd never seen. I'm surprised they bothered at a certain point tbqh:

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Thanks @Vee I'd never seen that.  I wonder if that was the last (must be 1992).

I just happened to stumble onto a movie Callan White made in the early '80s, one of those popular at the time about women scheming to the top of the corporate ladder. Similar to another I saw that was filmed from that early VHS period which was shot and lit like a soap opera, was Canadian, and featured several actors who went on to be on soaps, it was softcore trash.

Her lover (one of them) was Page Fletcher, whose ass in tight jeans as he walked down a highway was a seminal moment for '80s HBO. You will not be surprised to learn that he had almost no nudity compared to her, but you might be surprised at just how extensive her nudity was.

I wonder how she went from that to, within a few years, playing goody-goody Ann on Loving (not that she was the first softcore actor to go on to daytime - other than Jeff Griggs, allegedly, it didn't seem to hurt any of them). It shows you just how wasted she was as Ann - she could have easily played a bitchier turn in the character.

• 1 month later...