OLTL: Nelson Branco's views on last weeks show.

• Members

<blush>

I love her too, and she didn't steal the show and if she had, she wouldn't have been doing the work she was intended to do and that would have been cause for criticism. She would have been a distraction.

Excellent point Mark. I am certain the publications who carry his opinions love when they get tons of mail in response to his columns. Nelson loves being controversial and combative. And many internet blog sites continue to laud his brilliance and he's begun to believe his own press. I refuse to validate his self important posturing. Apathy kills.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't like Brotherton ever since he TRIED blackmailing Jessica. What a shame, too, because he could've had the chops to be a leading actor.

Are the casting people doing this on purpose? Hiring actors just good enough but no one to overshadow the vets and especially the WOMEN?

All more importantly, CAN SOMEONE PUT THE ACTOR WHO PLAYS BRODY ON THE SCREEN ASAP!?!?!??!!!!

Thanks.

<sigh>

• Members

Sigh... where do I begin?

First of all, is it possible to enjoy OLTL and still be objective, or is that non-existent around here? I still enjoy the show, but when valid points are made, then I'm going to criticize. Geez, the folks over at "The Envelope" at least seem more relaxed, thoughtful, and comprehensive, than here sometimes.

I love how when one disagrees with another, they try to shred that person's opinions to pieces. Next week Branco will say "GH is [!@#$%^&*], or OLTL is awesome again" and everyone will love him.

As good as OLTL is right now, if the fans cannot share criticism, then there is no way in hell the show will continue to flourish.

Now, on to this.

You think so eh? Show that clip as her Emmy reel and people in the audience will be holding back their laughter. It was Tom Pelphrey bad. Just because she blasted her lungs, covered her face, and cried a pocket full of forced tears, doesn't make her performance effective. BTW I know its Williamson, I just put Williams for short. For those who want to tout Bree Williamson's performance as "Emmy worthy" go ahead, but I for one thought it was a clutter mess, and I bet by this time next year many more will agree too, upon re-watching again.

I agree Re. Archer not stealing the show. She was just as laughably bad as the rest.

All I'm going to say is that Robin Strasser aside; the production crew and a bunch of other actors TANKED.

• Members

^I agree, MTS, I love OLTL right now, but there's obviously some things that aren't clicking, and some either don't recognize them or seem too caught up around the hype surrounding Ron.

There's nothing wrong with loving a writer, but some constructive criticism would be a welcome addition to things.

I especially agree that the production was laughable and I too didn't think all the actors were on their A game.

• Members

I agree with you completely, MTS, if that's worth anything. OLTL is not perfect, but it's lightyears away from most soaps on the air right now. That being said, I have voiced my opinion on some things I'm missing on the show. And we should absolutely be objective about it.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sorry if your thoughts were "shredded". That's not cool.

• Administrator

I'm so glad I read his column and the posts in this thread (some of them were hilarious). :lol:

And....I kinda love it that I don't have the same views as Nelson. At least something in the universe is right. ;)

• Members

:D:lol:

I'd worry about you if you did agree with him! :P

Seriously, I have no qualms about someone having a different opinion, as long as they realize it's an opinion. Whoever said he believes his own hype and adoration pretty well hit the mark.

• Members

I disagree with almost everything Nelson said in the article about ONE LIFE. I think Dorian taking over BE etc. is CLASSIC Dorian. I also think she loved Clint although a part of it was to get back at Viki too. Bree Williamson's acting was awesome and very,very Emmy-worthy, some of her best acting yet. I also agree that John Brotherton's acting at Charlie's bedside especially was pitiful (and I was surprised.) Also, undoubtedly Jared Banks DID MURDER Nash Brennan. Jared assaulting him and pushing him into the skylight resulted in Nash's death, which is murder!

• Administrator

I'm not a laywer but I don't see how that's murder. Nash punched Jared in the face and then he got up in Jessica's face verbally attacking her, then Jared took Nash and shoved him out of the way.....which just happened to be through a skylight. Don't you need intent or premeditation for murder?

Archived