OLTL: Nelson Branco's views on last weeks show.

• Members

I have no shame. At first I thought they were just saying Ron's a "9", as in not quite a "10" but very close and they don't mix with "4's". That I understood. It was a rating, like Bo Derek (I show my age, but I've already revealed I have no shame). Then I started to question because I misunderstood the term "family" which at one time I thought was pretty clear, but now I know there are different meanings. I am broadening my horizons on this board. It's a good thing.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. I had no problems at all with the way Jess acted at the hospital...it was expected. But that's not the type of stuff you should submit for the Emmys. It's too stereotypical and too...I don't know..."obvious." I can think of several young women on soaps who would have acted the exact same way if their husband had died. There was nothing unique or special (but there shouldn't have been, so Bree did it right).

The scenes with Viki showed the emotions of a young wife losing her husband while also showing facets of Jessica's character. If Bree submits anything from that week, it should be the scene where she's talking about how Nash died on little Bree's birthday, with the whole thing about the balloons and the cakes and stuff.

Archived