Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'd never seen that photo of Louise Shaffer before. I'm glad she felt Kimberly ruined her character.

It's funny that Muenz's comments imply the movie stuff started long after he began on the show. One of the first scenes was the Jaws ripoff. I don't know how many people have used that or King Kong as a reason for the show's decline but I will always blame Kimberly and the mob, along with misuse of core characters like Roger, Delia, and Faith.

Thanks for sharing all this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Frank was gone by the time Faith got involved with Ari, wasn't he? I saw some magazine which recapped spring 1982 RH and they had a photo of Frank and Faith and it said he was upset about her relationship with Ari.

Then again they also showed a photo of Richard Muenz, who hadn't played Joe Novak in almost two years.

• Members

No, that doesn't make sense. The story never made it to spring; it was over, and Ari killed, in late February of 1982.

I found Claire Labine's reply in this newspaper Q & A odd. She sounded as if Melinda's (Nancy Valen) illness was the first real illness that the show ever did - - like she had fogotten that Nell's condition and Ken George Jones' sickness were also real and also fatal.

Edited by safe

• Members

Ron Hale (Roger) received a star on the Palm Springs Walk of Stars on January 7, 2012.

Also in attendance were former Ryan's Hope co-stars Daniel Hugh Kelly, Geoff Pierson, Ilene Kristen, and Judith Chapman.

photo.PNG

Sorry if this was already posted somewhere else on the forum -- I've been having a lot of computer trouble lately.

Edited by safe