• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

9/75 TV Radio Mirror

Names being considered for Ryan's Hope were Ed Kemmer (ex-Ben Grant, Somerset) as the chief resident. Con Roche (ex-Rick Ryan, ATWT) was also rumored for a role. Another rumor was that William Gray Espy would join the show after leaving Y&R.

• Members

That Malcolm Groome movie was made before he did Ryan's Hope and released a few years later. There was a 2005 documentary on the film maker, David Secter, which I saw on Sundance Channel (or some channel like that) several years ago. Malcolm was very briefly interviewed about the movie for it. He said he had been involved with one of the actressess in the film, Kathleen Seward, at the time of the movie.

Here is one of the quotes, that I mentioned many months ago, from Frank Latimore (Ed).

Edited by safe

• Members

That director Sector was an early Canadian indie movie guy who had some success with a 60s gay film Winter Made Us Warm which was controversial as it got Canadian art council funding--I saw it ten or so years back at a Montreal gay film fest and just remember thinking it a sweet but basic early gay love story, but that probably was unfair given its era and the fact that I had to watch a ton of movies that festival for a university paper series I was doing. I had no idea about this film (which apparently was finally released by Troma pictures, no less, and ultimately released in the US as Feelin' Up). The review of it at imdb http://www.imdb.com/...0198512/reviews is pretty hysterical, as is the cover art fot he VHS which makes it look like a Porky's rip off, but I'm a bit more curious now to know the Groome connection.

Edited by EricMontreal22