• 1 month later...
  • Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is my latest show that I will be watching from beginning to end. Just got the first season and started watching it. It's kind of slow to start off with, but I like the 90210 crossover and the Billy/Allison stuff. Can't wait to see Amanda and Kimberly!

• Members

That's an understatement! It was such a horrid storyline that could have been OK if Andrew Shue had, like, a semblance of talent. It went on forever and Shue could not carry it off--instead of playing the subtext, the pain, he was just an insufferable jerk... and not too good at that either. Ugh.

Oh, I didn't realize he was on TITANS as well! Gotta watch that soon. He was pretty hot lol

Almost done with Season 4. I can't believe the Brandi/Teri storyline lol What a load of crap. But at least some good lines have come out of it. And the Laurie/Tyler thing... ugh. Like, who cares? No wonder Zuniga ran away lol

But Bobby's death was very shocking and Alycia's came soon after. Only MELROSE can pull two deaths within 10 mins lol

• Members

Me and the boyfriend recently rewatched seasons one thru three, and did anyone else notice that in the very first couple episodes, they show *other* Melrose residents walking around in the background? As if there were supposed to be other Melrose residents living in the building complex but just weren't a part of the action.

And yes, Rhonda was a bore, and once they started making MP into a continuing drama mid-season, her role was diminished to separate scenes from everyone else.

It's also funny how in season one, whenever one person had anything significant happen in their life (job promotion, etc.) the whole gang would come over together with balloons and party favors, always the ones without a storyline coming over (Jane/Michael, Sandy, Rhonda, Matt) to celebrate. LOL

I will say though that one thing I did like in seasons 1 and 2 that they lost by season 3 was character development and reflection. If something traumatic happened in their life (especially Alison), you would see them coping and struggling. By season 3, you could be stabbed, shot, mugged, move to Hong Kong and come back, etc. and brush it off like it's no big deal.

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Yeah. Season 2 was a great balance. Season 3 wasn't bad but by Season 4, it was definitely all plot. I didn't mind so much, I guess, but by Season 5, everyone hated each other and had slept with each other and gone through just about everything they could go through.

And I much preferred tough Jo to sappy heroine Jo. I think losing her was a BIG blow to the show, looking back on it. She offered a very different presence to the show. (By "losing her" I meant when Daphne Zuniga departed after Season 4)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I still definitely lobster-loved season 3 and loved season 4, but it was definitely plot, plot, plot! The fact that Alison moved to and from Hong Kong in a couple episodes, and all we got was a couple missed phone calls between her and Billy was ridiculous. Where was the going away party? Where's Matt, Rhonda, and the gang with their balloons? lol

It's also funny, after re-watching it, how Amanda still felt like the "special guest star" in season two; not a part of the core Melrose gang. At least in my opinion, she was the outsider still worming her way in. And Grant Show looked his best in season two. Yum :) He aged by season 4. Daphne Zuniga aged about 10 years between seasons 1 and 2!

Another jarring aspect of the show when you watch a whole season over the course of a couple days: the way they changed Sydney into suchy a looney cartoon character in season 4. She was off her rocker in season 2, I mean borderline-psycho when she took a knife to Michael's sofa, yet still a hooker with a heart of gold. But then in season 4, everything from her clothes (60's go-go girl?) to her voice (high-pitched and silly) changed and we could barely take her seriously as a vital romantic leading lady.

Edited by Gray Bunny

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm about half-way through season 3 now and it is by far the best season. The only thing that I hate is that Billy and Allison are being kept apart and from what I've read, it seems like they won't be getting back together. I feel like the show spent so long building them as the "it" couple...why on Earth would they throw that away?

I LOVE every storyline with Kimberly or Sydney....how hilarious that Kimberly framed Jane for hitting Michael and then framed Sydney for framing Jane! The writing to me is just awesome...classic soap opera. I wish that we could have nighttime soaps like this today.

And I can't believe how evil they made Peter when he first came on the show. At first I loved him and Amanda but trying to kill her on the operating table? how can they ever recover from that?!

• Members

I think Billy and Alison might reunite one more time in season 4 but its brief and he's an a-hole

Season 3 is probably my favorite as well followed by season 4. You are right Kimberly and Sydney made the show for me. Their storylines were so over the top and fun and its amazing that they kept Kimberly so crazy for as long as they did. She's so much fun

Peter defiently recovers as he becomes a permanent cast member until the end of the show! They pretty much ignore him being evil when he returns as he's no different than the rest. You'll probably like him; he's not a bad person

• Members

Peter briefly becomes kinda on the psychotic controlling side at one point towards the end of the 5th season when he thinks of Taylor as his dead wife (whose name escapes me at the moment). He makes Taylor dress up like a Stepford wife and wants her to be a lil' susie homemaker. Taylor and Michael of course egg it on by making him think he's losing his mind, but for awhile he does act like a creep again.

We're currently re-watching Season 6; Part 2.... this show is all over the place now! I never really cared for the whole Christine story with Taylor, Kyle, Amanda, etc., and Michael's little stripper girlfriend reminds me of Arianne Zuker from DAYS.

Edited by Gray Bunny