March 3-7, 2008

Toups

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I often think about the disturbing "Bizarro-world" aspect of Melaswen, and how it would have translated had someone like Ed Scott been in control. I would have loved to see sets that are SO CLOSE to the sets in Salem, but something was... off. And how off-balance and "vertigoed" (yes, I know that's not a word) the victims felt when they woke up. It should have been dark and edgy and creepy, and I think we all would have been more forgiving. But instead it was over-lit, campy and silly.

Oh, how I wish ES had come years before...

• Members

Who needs "How I Met Your Mother" when all the funny's right here on the SON?

And now, I'm the one who has no words. ;)

And it's a darn good theory, too, Toups.

Now, justify - I mean, er - explain Aremid.

• Members

I actually prefer BW in the role now than ET. I also agree that Clint Ritchie and Roger Howarth are not the solutions to what ails the show or the characters of Clint and Todd. I also think that as a general rule any character can be played by multiple actors. However, I don't think the replacements are working like they once did. CC's Marty was not a case of an ES taking over a prior role and making it hers. Somehow there has to be a middle ground between viewing an actor as a fungible unit and a sacred cow.

• Members

I believe in most places GL airs at 3:00 competing with General Hospital. It's been like that ever since I was born. But in some other markets, it airs at 10:00 eastern time and 9:00 central time. I believe in Chicago, they switched it back to 2:00 but in places like Michigan, it still airs at 10:00. However, in places like Sacramento, California Guiding Light doesn't air at all.

But I guess to answer your question about Passions, I believe Passions viewers had three or four soap alternatives.

1- Switch to DirecTV

2- Switch to As The World Turns

3- Switch to One Life To Live

4- Switch to One Tree Hill on SoapNet

ETA: Leah Bauer is a teenager as well. So altogether, you have Daisy, Rafe, and Leah.

• Members

I can't speak for everyone, but way back when I was in that age bracket... I didn't watch GL for the teen scene. It was Josh/Reva, Roger/Holly, Vanessa/Billy/Nadine, A-M/Blake, and later on the Blackout and the Daniel St. John story. I honestly couldn't have cared less what the teens were doing! :D

• Members

That's nice of you to say but if you want to have a discussion with me could you show me the respect of agreeing or disagreeing based on the things I actually say and not "profile" me? I don't like Carlivati's writing. I liked Malone better. I'm an even bigger proponent of bringing in fresh blood for all soaps. Why can't that just stand on it's own? I've read whole manifestos against Guza and for JER, against McTavish and for the Bells. Why is RC sacred? Why does the fact that I'm just not impressed mean that I'm probably, possibly, could be a member of The Others? Why is it so hard to believe that I find the renewal of the Nora/Lindsay feud just as flat and disappointing as "3 women, 1 sexy man?" And that has nothing to do with Evangeline.

(BTW if you want to see me get rabid about something, let me get started on OLTL's treatment of Dan Gauthier. AFAIC they deserve to tank for that alone.)

Archived