Outstanding Drama Series & Outstanding Writing/Directing Team

Toups

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does anyone know the history of judging tapes for Outstanding Drama Series? Has it always been based on two tapes, or did they used to judge based on highlights from an entire year?

My other question is more for GH fans, although anyone can feel free to chime in. What exactly, in your opinion, makes "a great Emmy reel." Every year for the past three years or so, we hear the same things about GH on this board: essentially, that the show is not very good, they have no respect for veterans, yet, they do two or three spectacular episodes that are deemed "fantastic Emmy material."

Well, what does this entail? Do I personally think there is anything wrong with it? Not really. If we all accept that the award is not based on a year's work, but on two episodes, and if GH picks the best episodes, then more power to them. But what, exactly, do you do to make yourself Emmy-worthy? Is it to pull out all the stops for an explosion, or a collapse? When GH does these three or four episodes each year, do they involve the veterans, or the usual suspects? I guess what I want to know is: do you fans really LIKE the episodes they submit for the Emmy, or are they basically filmed for the sole reason of WINNING the Emmy?

I don't know much about the Metro Court stuff. The clips in the montage looked good. But what exactly makes it better than Asa's funeral on OLTL or the collapsed building on Y&R? What makes GH's Emmy-submissions so much better, in your opinion?

Because with 10 trophies for Outstanding Drama Series, they must be doing something right. Seems like that would translate into an overall more positive opinion of the show.

Archived