Madonna's Candy Shop

Noel

• Members

MadonnaCandyShop2007.jpg

Candy Shop

Hopefully, I did this right. If so, what do you guys think of it? This upcoming album is going to be a little bit on the R&B side which I think has been done before when she released her Bedtime Stories album back in 1994. I like the song and feel that it has a nice kick to it! :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm probably the biggest Madonna fan out there, but I HATE that's she's going for a more urban sounding album. Granted R&B vibes were evident on her debut album. However, I find Timbaland and The Neptunes to be the most overrated producers in the business and I never cared for anything they've produced. I HATED 1994's Bedtime Story album as well, it's by far her most inconsistent album and is probably (along with Like A Virgin and Erotica) her most dated album to date.

I love you Maddy, but I'm not too excited for the new album, I really wish she'd do another organic pop/rock album like 1989's Like A Prayer, which by far is her most acclaimed album. Anyway, I'll of course buy the new album the day it's released, because I'll support the woman no matter what.

• Members

I find that her fans generally don't like R&B or rap. It's like some sort of culture divide that starts at her door. Surprising? Not by a long shot. If it's anything like Bedtime Stories, it will be a creative asset to her discography. That album was nominated for a Grammy. The chorus of Candy Shop nicely gives her voice a sass that most of her melodies don't allow for.

• Members

I'm one of those Madonna fans who are critical at first whenever a new album of hers comes out because I always liked what she did before. I think the album that changd her most was Ray of Light. When I heard Frozen, it took me quite sometime to get use to her work especially with William Orbit producing the album. I have his Pieces in a Modern Style and found the album to be quite the snoozer! Actually, come to think of it, I did play that album whenever I had trouble falling asleep and it helped. But, after listening to Madonna's Ray of Light in its entirety, I enjoyed it! Then came her Music album and I wished she was still in her Ray of Light phase, but then, I loved that album too! American Life sucked big time and it's definately one of those albums that I hardly ever listen to except for her remixes of Hollywood and Nothing Fails, but I still have that album because I love her so...

Confessions On A Dance Floor was awesome, but I don't expect Madonna to keep doing dance albums all the time, ya know? I'm a Bjork fan too, and every album that Bjork puts out there, I know it's going to be different. And it is.

I'm really looking forward to this album and I'll pimp it up that's for sure! ;):lol:

• Members

Its different like every Madonna project. I like it and am as always looking forward to her upcoming album.....

She really hasn't had a miss with me ever.... I thought American Life was decent too even though commercially it bombed. If it were relased today I think it would have done alot better.

• Members

ITA.

Best thing about a new Madonna album: a concert tour on the horizon... *waiting to order tickets* LOL!

That said; I'm not that much into Madge's new style. I guess the album will form a strong unit and hold itself together but I can't see it ranking very high in the end compared to her other albums - at least for me.

Candyshop sounds ok. Maybe the other songs will have me raving in the end - who knows? A new album is always a journey - and that Madonna daring is what makes her so successfull. Well, as long as she stays away from films. LOL! Her documentary cirtically more or less bombed at Berlinale but at least she looked absolutely stunning and diva-ish at it.

• Members

I'm a massive Madonna fan--have over 80 cds (most of the singles) paid way too much to travel to San Jose to see her twice last tour, etc... But I'm SOO underhelmed by EVERYTHING about this project, from collaborators, song titles, the two leaked "demos" everything. BUT I'll give it a chance of course

Candyshop is planned to be on the album but isn't the first, or even a single it seems (thank god)

(and yes I largely love American Life).

I hope her tour doesn't follow a similarly R&B done vibe..

Archived