American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My rankings. Mariah Carey night was surprisingly too me, a good thing, much better than the 2 Beatles nights, especially the 2nd one, and the Dolly Parton and inspirational song week.

(1) David Cook-----by far, the best. He's definitely the most talented. He'll make a great solo artist and/or lead of rock band, and a great record producer as well. He shocked me with his rock ballad version of "Always Be My Baby"

(2) Carly Smithson-----Again, Carly does awesomely well, and yet again that [!@#$%^&*] untalented prick Simon Cowell disses her. What the hell does he have against her? I guess he's afraid if he brags on her his little teen crush David Archuleta might get kicked out of being in the Final 2. She did great on "Without You", Paula's right, she made it her own.

(3) Syesha Mercado----Again, Simon's wrong. She did awesome on "Vanishing". One of her best performances.

(4) Kristy Lee Cook-----I'm shocking myself putting the once-hated-by-me Kristy Lee this high. I agree with Mariah, that I liked her "Forever" better than Mariah's and think that she'll make a good country singer.

My Bottom 3:

(5) Jason Castro----Thought his "I Don't Wanna Cry" was pretty good.

(6) David Archuleta----The little a$$hole did a very predictable song, "When You Believe", but sucked in comparison to Mariah & Whitney. I don't get why Simon & Randy keep licking his ass. They seem to be struck on him, moreso than Paula, especially Simon.

(7) Brooke White-----she was horrible on "Hero", no feeling, pitchy, whiney, not much of a tune to it. It's time for Brooke to go.

I predict though the Bottom 3 will end up Brooke, Jason & Carly .

• Members

I agree about David Cook. What did Mariah say about him? I missed that part. Carly was ok. I dont see why you love her so much Mulder. :P;) Mercado was good. Kristy Cook was good and surprised me. I think Simon didnt want to give her credit. What is with all the love with Castro? I dont think he is that great. He has a good voice but all his songs sound the same. He tries to win over the crowd with his eyes and facial expressions. I am getting tired of David A....his song wasnt that good. Did Brooke White sing ..Without You??? I thought it was a different song. :unsure:

• Members

Well Tuesdays show was pretty good. Brooke and David Archuleto were both pitchy and a bit breathy.I agree with u Mulder that the judges should not have kissed up to Archuleto. He was ok..but not great..they made him out to be GREAT. I thought Kristy was damn good..and what do u know..she got sent home!! Looks like Brooke or Syesha will be next.

• Members

Brooke really needs to go. This is the second time she freakin stopped and started over.

David A. totally butchered a classic song. HATED IT.

David C. totally blew the roof off. LOVED it.

Bottom Two:

Brooke

Jason

Predictions:

Brooke will go home, Jason has too many tweens voting for him.

Archived