American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

David Archuleta, Michael Johns, and David Hernandez are my favorite guys. If I had to rank them, it would be Michael Johns then David Hernandez. David Archuleta is 17 years old, so if I were a minor, he would probably be first. :lol:

As far as the women, that one is kind of tough because a lot of them are very gifted. I would say Amanda Overmyer is my favorite in the female category. That girl can truly sing a Janis Joplin song like no tomorrow. I also like Asia'h Epperson and there's another girl that I like. I have pictures of them somewhere in one of my Photobucket accounts. But I hope the "conservative" viewers will start to like Amanda though. She's really good.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, can't believe noone's discussing IDOL. David Archuleta was the best again tonight, great version of John Lennon's "Imagine". The other 2 David's, David Cook and David Hernandez were next---they were awesome too. Michael Johns next, who's "Go Your Own Way" wasn't exactly the right song for him imho. Jason Castro was ok, as was Danny Noriega and Robbie Carrico. Luke Menard sucked again---I wish Freddie Mercury could kick his ass. Jason Yeager also sucked yet again--not as bad as last week, but still sucky. Chikezie was a lot better, but still too old-fashioned.

• Members

robbiecarrico.jpg

This guy? Doesn't look like it to me, so who knows? lol :lol: I'll probably have to pay more attention to Paula because I always think she says the same repetitive thing over an over. Same goes for Simon too. Have you guys noticed that Ryan Seacrest never acknowledges Simon Cowell toward the end of the show?

David Archuleta was the best by far this week and my other guys David Hernandez came a at second and Michael Johns came at a close third. For the women, my favorites were Asia'h Epperson and Amanda Overmyer. They both blew me away this week.

• Members

I don't belive TMZ's story about Robbie C wearing a wig.

IMHO, Carly Smithson was the best girl by far. Kristy Lee Cook was much, much better and she and Syesha Mercado were probably the next best 2, although Syesha disappointed me somewhat. I liked Ramiele as well, I disagreed with judges about her & Syesha. I lvoe Amanda, but do feel she picked the wrong song and I'm concerned about her going home tonight. Asiah, Alexandrea & Alina all disappointed me as did Brooke. I think Kady Malloy should go home, she's just not bringing it imho. My other choice of girls to go home would be either Brooke White, who is just boring and looks like she's 35 or 40, or Alexandréa, based on last night's performance.

• Members

Tonights Winners:

In first place...

davidcook.jpg

His Lionel Richie number was awesome!!!

In second place...

2.jpg

In third place...

michael.jpg

Who do I think will go next?

chikezieeze.jpg

I'm also thinking Luke Menard or Jason Castro

• Members

Im glad the show was only an hour last night as I was actually able to watch it live. (damn BB for being on now...lol)

I hope Chekeazy stays. He was good. I definetly see Luke going. I cant even remember who Jason Castro is, so he'll probably leave

• Members

Jason Catro is the one with the dreads.

jasoncastro.jpg

I didn't care for his number that he did last night, but the judges were really impressed with it. Everytime I see him, I just think he's a stoner. And I know that's a stereotype because of the dreads, I know. But, I look outside the dread thing. The way he talks and sometimes by the look of his eyes, he just looks stoned! :lol:

I couldn't hear either one of Chikeazy's or Luke's performances because we had one of those severe thunderstorm warnings that interrupted it. So, I had to go by the reviews of all the contestants during the end of the show. And both Chikeazy and Luke didn't sound all that great. Luke could have done something else instead of Wham! Same goes for Chikeazy- a Whitney Houston song? Daring I know, but I think he needs to do a number that his vocals are use to.

• Members

amandaovermyer.jpg

I *heart* Amanda, I really do! After her performance, I'm beginning to wonder if there is something personal that's going on with her life because it just seems to me that she doesn't want to be there anymore in this competition. She did quite an impressive performance tonight but I noticed that she wasn't all that thrilled with anything. Plus she didn't look at the judges in the face when listening to all their feedbacks. Instead, she just looked to the floor like she had something else going on. I hope she's okay bless her heart.

carlysmithson.jpg

Whoa! The thing that I found odd about Carly Smithson's performance was that it seemed that the judges forgot that it was Cyndi Lauper who originally did I Drove All Night back in 1989 and not Celine Dion. Well, at least I didn't hear any mention of Cyndi Lauper after Carly was through with her performance. And quite frankly, I was impressed with her number because I LIKE Cyndi Lauper and I will admit that I admire anyone who does a song of hers. Cyndi's another one of those vocalists who will just blow you away with her voice.

brookewhite.jpg

Her Pat Benatar number was different and I love how she loves/appreciates hearing the feedback from the judges in a very nice manner. She takes constructive criticism like a true lady.

• Members

Believe me- I'm just as shocked as you are with this. I expected the other girl to be packing her bags and going home. I was right about Luke Menard going home, but surpised that Chikeazy made it to the Top 12.

l_12cf956673ef1dc0b08305906c887c96.gif

However, I'm somewhat glad that Danny Noreiga is going home. He just got on my nerves! TMTH in your face bitch! *snap* :lol:

• Members

I'm glad Luke & Kady are going home. I'd pick Chikezie instead of Danny, but Danny was the next worse guy. So not pissed about him going. I AM pissed about Asia'h being axed. She's awesome. She was a helluva lot better than Kristy Lee, who should've went home, and also a helluva lot better than Brooke and Ramiele. In a way, I liked Asia'h better than Syesha.

• Members

Hahaha...Love your Danny pic....I couldnt stand Danny. I am glad he is gone. He got on my nerves too. He was just too out there for me. :lol:

Awww...I liked Luke. Why he sang that song is beyond me. He sounded so girly on that song. :rolleyes: Oh well at least Danny didnt make the top 12.

Archived