American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, so I'm not boycotting the show! :lol: I did watch last night and I think the three people who have to worry about going home would be:

ramielemalubay.jpg

jasoncastro.jpg

chikezieeze.jpg

Kristy Lee Cook is staying because of her little patriotic number that she did.

• Members

Never been a huge fan of David Cook, but he was awesome last night. My bottom 3 Carly, Ramiel, and Chekize, with Ramiel going home. I'm still a fan of Chekize though. I don't know why, I just like him. I think Jason's fan base will keep in him another week.

• Members

I really I'm loving david cook moreso than david A. and Michael Johns because the guy takes risk and I like that. Michael johns was great tonight but why does it seem he only does good when covering Queen, he needs to prove to me that he can sing just as good with another song from a different band. I didn't like David A.'s song at all it was boring and I don't even remember that song from the 90's.

• Members

David Archuletta sang "You're the Voice by John Farnham.

The song was actually released in Australia in 1986 (I think it was released in the USA in 1990)

Here are 3 clips from You Tube with John Farnham singing the song.

The Video - will also show you what the song is about. How we should all have a voice about what happens .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99P7TTvpO1g...feature=related

Live version from an Awards show - The best one of the three

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDI-f8NI1FE...feature=related

Live version from a concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOMt80w5QMM

Grr on Randy and Paula for what they said.

Randy saying he didn't know the song or who sang it, he would have known before hand and could have you tubed or googled it.

Paula saying why couldn't he pick an American Composer. Hmm since when were Lennon/MacCartney American Composers.

Yay for Simon and David A for knowing who sang it.

• Members

I seem to be getting worse and worse with my three bottom picks. I only got one person right of the bottom three that I selected yesterday, but the one of the three that I picked was sent home tonight. Mr. Chikezie.

• Members

They sent the right one home. I am glad Jason Castro was in the bottom 3. He thinks his looks will get him through. Some of his songs have been dull and boring. Michael Johns was so much better last night. I like him a lot but his song choices are so bad. I cant stand Carly Smithson singing. I hope she is out soon. David A. was ok. But he has lost some of his fire. The one I am hoping will win Idol is David Cook. He was awesome last night. And has been very constant.

• Members

chikezie was my pick for leaving too.

wow, ramiele really has staying power. the judges must be looking at the numbers, and she must be getting lotsa votes. she's never been in the bottom 3, and jason castro ended up there.

i actually thought ramiele sang 1st beatles week and "alone" quite well. her voice has a sultry quality.

does anyone think kristy's song choice was so manipulative? heck she stuck around and didn't end up in the bottom 3. next week she'll probaby do even better since it's country week!

david archuleta's home videos are too cute!

the viewers must not be warming up to syesha the way they've warmed up to brooke white.

i think brooke and david archuleta will be the final 2.

• Members

Well, I'm sad about Chekize was sent home. In my opinion he has the best voice. I think Ramile should have gone home. She hasn't had a good performance in quite a long time. I don't know who to root for anymore. David A, Caryl, and Brooke are over hyped. Kristy Lee isn't very good. I guess I'll root for David Cook. I'm having a hard time with people saying this is the best season ever. IMO there really isn't a standout performer in the group.

Archived