American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

David Cook....He was solid tonight. I prefered his 2 song.

David Archuleta....He is annoying me...LOL. I dont see American Idol with him. He doesnt have the voice to win it. Both of his songs were cheesy.

Syesha Mercado...I didnt think she was that bad. She was pretty good.

Jason Castro....He needs to go. He doesnt have a strong voice. He is getting by with his drooling eyes to the girls. He was boring tonight.

Brooke White...Her second song was so much better.

Of the 5 left....it should be David Cook and Syesha Mercado in the finals with David Cook winning. They have the strongest voices in the competition in my opinon. I dont think David Archuleta should be in the finals. Jason and Brooke's voice arent strong enough either. I can see either Jason or David facing David Cook in the finals. But it is clear David Cook should be the next American Idol.

• Members

Neil Diamond week----another horrible theme choice. I don't understand it! This season, we've got some of the best singers, but we've had some of the worst themes ever---last week's Andrew Lloyd Webber week was the worst theme ever!

My rankings (I'm just gonna average the 2 songs out)

(1) David Cook----He kicks everyone's else, Like Paula said, when I see him I see the IDOL. I liked his 1st song, "I'm Alive" the best actually, but I did like "All I Really Need Is You", Never heard the 2nd one.

(2) Syesha Mercado----Averaged out, I think she was all-around the 2nd best. She showed 2 sides to herself, both good. A little boring on "Hello Again", but that's the song, and "Thank The Lord for the Nighttime" was very good, entertaing, but I've never heard of it.

(3) David Archuleta----Reluctantly I put him in 3rd, even though I cannot stand him. I must admit that his "Sweet Caroline" was good and imho, the best of the 2 songs and one of his best performances in weeks. "America" was just ok to me. If he had done as good on it imho, I'd probably put him in 2nd this week. Kinda fishy that David A. got Diamond's 2 most famous songs.

Bottom 2:

(4) Jason Castro ---- I kinda liked "Forever In Blue Jeans", although he was very boring on "September Morn", but that song is always very boring to me

(5) Brooke White-----I agree with Simon that "I'm A Believer" was a nightmare, but she was pretty good on "I Am, I Said"(I think that was the name of that boring song). Brooke needs to go home, especially after last week. Send this nervous thing home. PLEASE!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Dang, this board must be dead. Can't believe noone's posted about the IDOL semi-finals tonight!!!

1) David Cook kicked ass!!! By far the best tonight. I think he did awesomely good on "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" (yet another shocking and great rock ballad from a great pop/adult contemporay song, who'd ever thought Roberta Flack turned into a rock ballad!!). His "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" was awesome and just about as good as the original by Aerosmith. I wish he'd pick something else but Switchfoot's "Dare You to Move", but he did the song better than the kinda bland original. Loved that Simon said he won the night and that Paula also seemed to like him the best. Randy's a total idiot and imho should be fired by the show, he's become a total [!@#$%^&*] imho as well.

(2) Syesha Mercado-----Her "If I Ain't Got You" started out a little rough, but by the middle she was very good on it (I think Randy picked it on purpose to get her voted out). I also loved her "Fever" and agree that it was like her "One Rock n Roll Too Many" that they all loved (but will agree that the song was a little old-fashioned & she should've done a more contemporary song. I thought she showed on "Hit Me Up" that the song could be a hit for her and that she is very marketable artist for today's pop and urban radio.

(3) David Archuleta-----or Pukeuleta (as a friend of mine calls him, gotta love that nickname lol)----I was hoping he'd be in first position and he was, lol. The Billy Joel "And So It Goes" was very boring, and very,very predictable (made me a little sleepy). "With You" was absolutely a very,very wrong choice and I think that's funny as hell (him singing the word boo was stupid and idiotic), not his type of song whatsoever. "Longer" was by far his best song, but yet again, boring and made me yawn my head off. I hope he's the shock to be in 3rd place. I sure hope so.

• Members

Is there a reason why Fox and Co. are now pimping David Archuelta?? <_< It's sickening!! The songs he sang were old and out of date. Seriously, what happened to Simon today?? I am done with Idol!! A Star Search winner wins Idol...please....how low Idol has sunk!!

• Members

Simon really pissed me off tonight. I agree for someone to want David Cook to win, he sure in the hell doesn't act like it.

Me and my mother will be voting for David Cook until midnight no matter than I have to be up at 5:45 to be at work at 7 am, may have to skip a shower in the morning lol.

Great post Ron! My sentiments EXACTLY!!

Archived