American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Man, noone posted about IDOL?!?!? WTF??!?!

LOVED David Cook & Carly Smithson yet again------tied for #1 (Simon really, really pissed me off by dissing both tonight. I sometimes wish he'd leave IDOL, and I don't think he knows all that much about music with some of his idiotic comments this year, esp. regarding the Led Zep song that Amanda sang a few weeks back and the Diana Ross song that one of the girls sang)

#3 Syesha Mercado----Awesome performance, one of her best, her best in a looonng time!

#4 David Archuletta----back to his great singing, but I loved the other 3 better though.

#5 Amanda Overmyer-----good, but not as good as the last 2 wks

#6 Michael Johns-----1st time I've got him below the Top 5, he picked the wrong song I agree, but he wasn't as bad as Simon & Randy said

#6 (tied) Brooke White-----I thought she was pretty good, don't get why Simon & the rest didn't like her.

#8 Jason Castro----picked absolutely the wrong song, worst performance by him imho.

Bottom 3------#9 Ramiele Malubay---sadly she keeps picking the worst songs and not living up to her potential

#10 Kristy Lee Cook----better than last week, but still not much (6 out of 10)

#11 (and my pick to go home, although if Kristy Lee did, it'd be ok with me) Chikezie-----an absolute mess, gimmicky (as Simon said), soul at first, then harmonica, then country?!?! WTF was he thinking. Goodbye Chikezie Eze!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was going to say the bottom three would be:

• Ramiele Malubay
  • Kristy Lee Cook
  • Chikezie Eze

I missed the first hour not to mention all of my favorites due to a meeting. Of course, I missed Kristy Lee Cook's performance but I didn't miss out during the end of the show. That was pretty bad. So, I believe it's going to be Kristy Lee Cook who goes next.

• Members

What do you mean WTF?? :lol:;) I've been watching but not posting or voting. I think Michael Johns is one hot guy..but thats for another thread...lol. I love his voice but his song last night was not that great. David Cook's song was good but I am tired of hearing him sing the same type of rock song. Jason Castro does nothing for me. He destroyed one of my favorites songs "Michelle". He is overrated IMO. Chikezie was bad. The one that needs to go is the rocker chick....she sucks. I cant recall her name.

• Members

Umm..she happens to be one of my favorites in the girls category, thank you! :P I like her- she's different- she's spunky- and Lord, she wants the title of American Idol this year! Her name is Amanda Overmyer. :)

• Members

Amanda was one of my faves. I'm pissed that she's gone. DAMNIT!!! And WTF?!?!? Carly in the Bottom 3, when she's been in the TOP 2 since this season started!

David Cook kicks ass. He & Carly should be the Top 2, David Archuletta hopefully will NOT win. He's good, but the teeny bopper kinda is starting to make me sick, lol.

Kristy Lee Cook deserved the Bottom 3, I wish she went. Although, to be honest, Chikeze was the worst this week, and should've been in the bottom 3

• Members

The reason why Kristy Lee Cook is still around is because she probably has that 'All American Girl' look that the majority of conservative viewers want to see. That's the only thing that I can think of. If the majority of American Idol viewers want to see wholesomeness or purity, then I don't see Carly Smithson, David Cook, or Michael Johns around very much longer.

Carly Smithson because of her look and she's from Ireland. David Cook because of his alternative look and Michael Johns because he's an Australian native. I hate the fact that I'm saying all of these things about three extemely talented people, but I have to look at it as far as the majority of the viewers and what they think.

It's sad because Amanda Overmyer was my favorite girl and she got booted like that and she was WAY BETTER than Kristy Lee Cook.

For the final two, I see David Archuleta and Brooke White.

• Members

Tonight's IDOL was by far better than last week's 2nd Beatles night.

TIED #1 David Cook (loved his version of Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean", but it wasn't as original as the IDOL judges thought, it sure sounds like David heard of Chris Cornell's version on his solo cd from last year, BUT David Cook did it BETTER than Chris Cornell!).

#1 Michael Johns----back to absolutely awesome. This man was rocking it tonight. GREAT and AMAZING. He'd make an awesome rock star or lead singer of a rock band, maybe even of Queen! The best versions of "We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions" ever, except for the original.

#3 Carly Smithson--I thought her "Total Eclipse of the Heart" kicked ass.

#4 Syesha Mercado----She best herself again. Dark horse, MOST DEFINITELY now.

#5 TIED I'm shocked at the two I've placed @ 5th place!

Chikezie -- imho, his best performance to date. But I'll agree, old-fashioned.

& Kristy Lee Cook----absolutely her best performance. Singing like this, she will end up being a new country star.

#7 Ramiele Malubay----improved some imho. She may have been sick, but you couldn't tell it imho. Her "Alone" was good, but not nearly as good as Carly's earlier this season (or even Celine Dion's version).

MY BOTTOM 3

#8 Brooke White----imho, I thought she was WORSE than last week. 1st 1/2 was good, I agree w/ Simon & Randy, that she shouldn't of had the band and backup singers accompanying her in the last 1/2. Probably shouldn't have picked The Police's biggest hit either.

#9 Jason Castro----his worst performance. He really needs to start taking it seriously (I agree with Simon). He also sung "Fragile" too low, almost whispering (did he forget the lyrics?)--you could here the backup singers more than him at times in the song.

#10 David Archuletta----I still DON'T KNOW WHAT IN THE HELL HE WAS SINGING (LMFAO). I agree with Simon, that it sounded like something one would here at a theme park w/ animated characters. I'm sick to death of him and I hope people will be as well. I hope he goes home tomorrow night, but I sincerely doubt he'll even be in the Bottom 3 thanks to horny teenage girls (and gay teen boys), and mothers and grandmas who just think he's so cute.

Archived