American Idol: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some of it wasn't so bad, but I did notice that Simon kept his mouth shut throughout most of the time. I think the scene that touched me most was the big woman who auditioned and she was simply doing it for herself and her mother who was dying. That actually touched my heart, and it takes a lot for something to touch me like that.

I hope Paula Abdul performs for the SuperBowl! That's what I'm hearing, so bring it on, Paula! It's been a long time! :)

• Members

The last guy tonight was the funnies audition ever, especially when the judges jumped in on it and the guy praised Simon for being fair :lol:/

I don't comment much on auditions because it's so hard to remember everyone. The fingernail guy wasn't bad and the woman that was in the car accident was sweet but I think her surviving that and being so positive was why they let her go through. The Carrie lookalike and Fantasia lookalike was weird to see but both woman were talented. The Carrie twin was a little too arrogant for me but the Fantasia-like one had a decent voice.

So far, one person really impressed me and that was the Katie girl who did the Britney Spears impression. She did that well but when she sang on her own I got chills. She had something to her and Simon noted it to, saying she was going to go far. I got the same sense. Usually, Simon can pick the ones who will go far out and I have done well predicting the winners when they have actually shown the good people early on and I think this girl could make at least the top 5. There is just something about her.

The first two days were funny though. I like the auditions for the first few weeks but nearly a month of them is overkill IMO.

• Members

Did anyone watch the San Diego auditions tonight? There were some pretty good people on there tonight, however there was one I thought that was really funny.

The one chick who sang like Mariah Carey, but was really awful. She said she liked to laugh at all the rejects, now SHE IS A REJECT! :lol:B):rolleyes:

You know what I say? That's what you get for laughing at all the bad people, honey. IT'S KARMA. Ain't karma just a bitch? :lol::lol:B):P:D:rolleyes:

• Members

He seemed like a really nice guy too, and the song was pretty catchy as well. Over at TWOP, they were jokingly saying "We're Brothers Forever" should be used as this year's coronation song. It would probably be better than "This Is My Now." I'm just sayin'.

• Members

The thing I hated about last night was that we didn't get to hear enough of the people that actually made it to go to Hollywood! My niece was rather upset that the girl who was an Air Force pilot didn't make it and the black girl with the huge double D's didn't make it. I thought the air force pilot had a mousy voice, but caberet like at the same time. But the young black woman with the double D's and the chin piercing could have made it to Hollywood IF she did a different song! And that's the problem with some of these people! They sing these numbers where the octive ranges are extremely difficult, and as a result, they stink and they don't make it! And they get testy and arrogant about it only making themselves look more stupid on the camera LOL!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I did a search for the top 24 spoilers, but none of them seemed to have the same folks, so I'm still in the dark. Since none of my favorites were in either, I'm really disappointed. The ones they showed weren't interesting to me except Samantha was in one. At least it's nearing Hollywood week so that will give them a chance to grow on me.

• Members

Last night was pretty amusing. The girl that recently lost her father kind of touched me when she decided to change her audition song and sang Leann Rimes, "How Do I Live?" Even Paula started to cry after the girl made it to Hollywood.

The guy from Savannah who got smart With Simon cracked me up. And the rock-n-roll chick who takes care of patients with black and blonde hair was actually pretty good, but I don't see her as the next American Idol. Next Tuesday is Hollywood, so I'm curious to see who's the best of the best that the judges had selected to go to Hollywood of all the cities that they went to.

• Members

Did anyone watch last night? It was kinda sad because some ofthe people that I liked got dismissed like the girl who has a daughter who has cerebral palsy who is actually talented, but it just seemed that last night was not her night. I hope she'll think about doing it next year. Plus, her father had died after shemade it to Hollywood.

I still like the bicker chick and she just recently got into a really bad car accident with a couple of cracked ribs and a bad back.Her song by The Doors, Baby Light My Fire just blew me away!

• Members

Although Colton & Garrett weren't that good, I really think that Luke Menard & Jason Yeager should've been the ones to go. Hopefully they will next week, UNLESS they improve greatly.

My faves of the guys --- Michael Johns (I'd buy his cd today!), David Archuleta, David Cook, then Robbie Carrico, David Hernandez---- My Top 5 guys (Jason Castro could easily replace Robbie or David H though, I also like Danny some).

Basically they got it right, Amy was horrible, Joanne not much better. I did have Kristy Lee going instead of her. So far, the only thing we've heard her sing well is "Amazing Grace". Of the girls, my Top 5 are, Carly Smithson, Amanda Overmyer (stupid, idiotic that she was in the Bottom 3), Alexandrea Lushington, Asia'h Epperson & Syesha Mercado. Alaina & Ramiele also are good, and to a lesser degree Kady & Brooke. I wonder if Brooke is lying about her age, she looks Waaay older than the rest. Instead of 24, she looks at least a decade older.

Archived