Character Names on Soaps

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another World used Erica in the mid 80's.It was the short term role of the girlfriend of the guy Donna hired to impersonate Marley's father.

On B&B Erica was the name Sheila's daughter used (actually Mary Warwick)

Search for Tomorrow used the name Marlena around 1981.She was involved with Sunny when she had a brain tumor and went to a quack doctor.

AMC had used the name Leora before.Leora Sanders was involved with Ruth and Joe in a wife beating storyin the early 80's.

Cliff was used on Edge Of Night (Cliff Nelson) and SFT-Cliff was a security expert who taught Liza judo.There was Cliff Tanner on AW.

The most comon names on soaps over the years would include Mike/Michael,David,John/Jonathon for men and Sara,Jenny/Jennifer and Mary for women.

• Members
I know. But Hope Brady is a pretty well known name in the soap business (weather you like the charcter or not is not teh issue JackPeyton ;) ), she's still on our screens and has been for a very long time. That's why I had a problem with it when they decided to name the kid Hope on B&B.True. Her name was Erica Lovejoy but it was only an alias for Mary Carter Warwick as she turned out to be Sheila's kid.

• Members

EON used some pretty uncommon soap names, some even as nicknames:

Schuyler

Raven

Gunther

Preacher

Gavin

Jodi

Kelly (for a man)

Miles (I know there's one on OLTL now)

Draper

April

Star (she may have been the only one then)

Calvin

Geraldine

Tobias

Owen

Archived