Guiding Light

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So far the only thing I like about todays episode were the Jonathan flashbacks and that's just about it. I completely forgot that Josh and Cassie were married, but now that he's a minister, I guess that does make sense now doesn't it? I just didn't find todays inside the light entertaining at all. Even the Reva/Josh scenes over at Company I'm sure were meant to be comical, but maybe I'm just a person who has a dry sense of humor because I thought it was written pretty badly.

Now why did Cassie tell Josh that she needed one night to be away from him and spend time with her son? I think she told him to spend the night in his office, but instead, he stays at The Beacon just like the rest of the others in Springfield. What I found so amusing is that he has all of these pictures of Cassie at the Beacon, so is this their honeymoon suite? Cassie I believe no longer owns The Beacon with Olivia because she gave it all to Olivia when Olivia signed Cross Creek over to Josh so he could build that hospital or something that H.B. always wanted (which is another farce the writers wanted us to believe). Maybe I'm just being too nitpicky.

However, a little blue bird told me that Ellen Wheeler is planning on recasting the role of Phillip Spaulding. Has anybody else heard of this rumor?

• Members

That would quite possibly be the stupidest move EW could do. Maybe if they hadnt made such a big deal out of trying to get Grant Aleksander back, and just left it a while before recasting it could have worked, but the fact there was some sort of news of GL approaching Aleksander for a return and him rejecting them, puts that actor on a pedestal that he may not necessarily deserve. And if they recast, then what? A few months down the line and he's out (like Jeffrery Meek as Craig Montgomery on ATWT) and the original portrayer returns? At least CBS would have the class not to do a 'The REAL Philip Returns' promo...but still...I dont see this happening, at least I hope not.

• Members

I'm happy to see that GL's getting a big buzz these days, even if it's negative. The only two things I'm liking is the Bily blinding (they should do more fast paced stories like this) and Will. If Will's going to break up the most boring couple on daytime today, then the more power to him. What a little bastard this kid is. (No pun intended.) He's fun to watch.

• Members

:lol: Dear God, I hope you're right about that. Not sure what I think of Dinah and Dylan. They really only had the one scene, so I'm not convinced the show is going there. I miss the old Dylan. I think he and Dinah would have been hot. I don't hate BG in the role, but original Dylan was way better.

I think the show is pretty good right now all around. I just hope they aren't going back to Jeva yet. I'm just starting to like Reva with Jeffery.

• Members

True that. I actually love Will. I am getting such a laugh out of this storyline. He's basically made Daisy his bitch, and as you said, he's out smarted every adult in town. My only regret is that eventually Josh is going to figure out how to bring the 8 year old down.

Today's show was preempted where I live. It's times like that I wish soapnet aired all the soaps. I saw the first few minutes and they looked good. I guess if I had to miss a day, I'm glad it was Wednesday though.

Yeah, copying a movie is slightly lame, but at least GL seems capable of following through. GH was copying The Departed and couldn't even manage to follow the story to it's natural conclusion before they lost interest. I guess having a plot with a beginning, middle and end is too much like work for some writers. Heck they even had Sonny make a lame ass cranberry juice as diuretic comment, all for naught. :rolleyes:

• Members

LMAO. I don't know. I just hope GL doesn't wimp out and have Josh "save" this child. I think it will happen though because of the references to Jon. That little kid who is playing Will is a little acting genius as far as I'm concerned. He doesn't actually remind me of Jon at all. Jon wasn't a sociopath. If anything his emotions were out of control.

Will is a very cold and calculating little boy. I don't believe he feels anything and all the love in the world can't change people who are broken that way, IRL. I think it's fascinating and GL should run with it, but it might be a little too much for daytime.

Archived