Guiding Light

• Members

My God!! the show really is going to go with Harley and Cyrus over Marina and Cyrus aren't they? I just can't believe Harley is going to steal her niece's man. I thought for sure it would just be a flirtation and Cyrus would pick Marina or Harley would back off. All that build up for nothing. :angry:

I may be alone in this, but I like the idea of Gus and Olivia.

Ava needs to leave town and take Rafe with her.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Harley's way too much of a selfish tramp to just let Cyrus go now. She's come this far and she'll go all the way to get what she wants. She has to make a show of pretending to care about Marina if only to assuage her own guilt over her behavior but, deep down, she doesn't really care about hurting Marina or anyone else as long as she gets what she wants. So when this story gets to where it's been heading, Harley will officially be beyond redemption IMO. I know that these panic attacks are supposed to make us feel sorry for her and not hate her for what she's about to do, but no sympathy here. She's knows what she's doing. She could go to a therapist and get help but she chooses not to because being sick gets her what she wants: Cyrus's pity and attention. But given that, Harley's feelings shouldn't even be an issue. Just two months ago, Cyrus was supposed to be so in love with Marina that he was willing to die for her. To pretend like that never happened or to imply that he could've gotten over that kind of love so fast makes no sense. Since joining the show, Cyrus, as a character, has been defined by two things: his desire for money and his love for and devotion to Marina. His story thus far has been his struggle with these two forces with his love for Marina finally, slowly, winning. We've seen Cyrus evolve from the callous, revenge-obsessed thief who blackmailed Dinah into stealing from her own mother into a man who was willing to readily give his own life to save Marina's. To have Cyrus betray Marina would also have him betray himself. To hurt her so deeply, and with her own aunt, would be for him to revert back into an emotionless criminal, devoid of conscience. Unaffected by any of the events we viewers have seen or emotions we were told were genuine. If he could just shut off a willing-to-die-for-her love in a matter of weeks, why should anyone ever take a feeling he professes seriously again? Or a relationship? There would be no reason. His future relationships, especially any that might occur with Harley, will be a complete joke. Kinda like Josh now. Do you really take him seriously when tells Cassie he loves her or vice-versa? No, because they've both said it to so many people, over such a relatively short period, of time that the whole concept is meaningless with those characters. Same for Harley. Over the years, she's jumped so fast from Mallet, Phillip, Rick, Gus, Mallet, Gus, Dylan, Gus, Cyrus, etc. that why should I care that she wants Cyrus, all she has to do is wait a couple of weeks and another guy will come along eventually.

I wish TPTB weren't afraid to kill Harley off. Harley Cooper is by far the most dramatically exhausted character on this show. There is almost nothing left to do with her, except maybe a story that has her fall into a spiral of mental illness after getting rejected by Cyrus (who would be the latest man that she unrealistically built up in her mind as the savior who can make all the broken pieces of her life come together only to be deeply disappointed when he turns out to be merely human just like all the others), but the writing can't possibly do justice to something like that.

As for romance, there's no one even remotely plausible on the canvas to pair her with except maybe Bill but he's got such good chemistry with Lizzie that I'd hate to see yet another promising young couple destroyed over her.

Cyrus-No. I know that it's inevitable but I honestly can't imagine why they're even attempting this. Harley sucks the life right out of Cyrus and has ever since their first scene together in September. Stuck in scenes with Harley, the once complicated and fabulously witty Cyrus is a boring, wimpy idiot. And I don't exactly see a groundswell of overwhelming support for them either. It's a shame. Cyrus was a great character, for about seven months. But they just had to ruin him by sacrificing him to the alter of Harley, just like Alan-Michael, Mallet, Phillip, Beth, Rick, Alex, Alan, and practically everyone else in town. The only way to stop the bleeding is to have him break it off with Harley, it can't be the other way around, and get him away from her before she drags him down any furthur.

Mallet-Not an option and he's way better with Dinah anyway, at least when Dinah's acting like Dinah and not this freakish pod they've turned her into.

Gus-I think he's totally over her and I think she's done with him too.

Josh-He's taken and a complete tool.

Jeffrey-Ditto.

Buzz, Coop, and Frank are all biological relations so hopefully we can rule them out as potential lovers, athough knowing Kreizman/Wheeler as we do, maybe not.

I guess there's Dylan but with Gaskill in the role instead of Englund, who'd even care?

• Members

Dinah and Dylan are just too icky... I mean, I know they were only stepbrother/sister, but it's still icky... and especially with Gaskill in the role. During yesterday's episode, I kept thinking at least we don't have to see him, and no lie, as soon as it came back from the next commercial break, there he was... I'd rather have no Dylan than this incarnation. Please NO love story for him.

I thought all in all though, yesterday was a good episode. We saw more than two or three characters and any day with Billy, Vanessa, Josh, Reva, Dinah, Lizzie, Bill, and Ashlee is a good day!

I like the idea of Ava leaving town and taking Rafe with her! While we're at it, maybe Dylan can go back to Bridget and Marina can go in search of Shayne?!

Not to diss Harley, but Cyrus is about the only character left that she hasn't already been romantically involved with!

I'm looking forward to the upcoming episodes involving 'The Good Son'!! :o

• Members

I'm trying to watch the show today and I must admit that the show still sucks. It seems like yesterday when Olivia trapped Gus in the basement over at Spaulding Enterprises because he thought that Olivia shot and killed Phillip Spaulding and now she's in cahoots with Alan Spauldiong to break Gus and Natalia's marriage but she has a brain tumor which I'm sure will be another writing flop. It also seems like yesterday when Jeffrey was using Reva for her psychic abilities and now they're in love even after he slept with her daughter Marah a long time ago. Yuck. *shudders*

However this `Life Happens Here' in Springfield on 2.29.08 has got me curious I must admit.

• Members

Ah yes those were the days Noel...so much has changed, for the worst.

I would root for Gus and Olivia, if wasn't for the contrived way the show is pairing them up. I mean the potential pairing has two things going for it 1) It keeps Gus away from Harley and 2) when it comes to rooting for either Olivia or Natalia....I'm going with Olivia. Anyway Natalia deserves this so much after the sh!t that happened between her and Gus while he was still with Harley.

• Members

I don't like Dylan at all, at least not this Dylan. I don't want him anywhere near Dinah in a romantic relationship. They should be friends and that's all, after all, Bill is their brother. And I know, they don't share any of the same blood between them.

Of course this would be another semi-incestious story for those idiots in charge!!

• Members

sigh....how sad is it that an eight year old is outsmarting the entire adult population of Springfield? And I'd really love to know how Mallet can just look at those buttons and deduce they are the ones ripped off Edmund's shirt. They looked like plain white buttons to me. *rme*

• Members

That's why I said they were <at one point> stepbrother/sister. They are not biologically-related, but Dinah's mother (Vanessa) was married to Dylan's father (Billy) for many years. And IMO, they still should be! But that's another subject. And I still think for that reason Dylan and Dinah are icky. Okay, just Dylan, cause GT is hot.

Archived