Favorite Soap B*tch

• Members

Soaps are defined, in part, by their b*tches. Every show has at least one or two mover and shaker divas who take no prisoners and destroy their enemies (in maddeningly good style).

My favorite soap b*tches are pretty varied. By show:

Y&R

Jill Abbott

Katherine Chancellor

Diane Jenkins

DAYS

Vivian Alamain

Kate Roberts

Sami Brady

B&B

Sally Spectra

Stephanie Forrester

Jackie Payne Marone

GH

Helena Cassadine

AW

Iris Cory

Donna Love

Felicia Gallant (when she was drunk)

AMC

Erica Kane

Marian Colby Chandler

Who are your picks for the top b*tches in soap. What diva gets you going? Let's spill!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ATWT

Emily Stewart

Barbara Ryan

Not just b*tches, but awesome rivals (though, you wouldn't know it by the fact that they haven't had scenes in like a year even though Emily was pregnant with her granddaughter)

GH

Maxie Jones

Sarah Brown's Carly (I don't get the same b*tchy quality from LW's Carly, who I also like)

• Members

If I had to pick a favorite, I'd say GL's India von Halkein. She was that rare creature who could do some of the most despicable things imaginable, but who you couldn't help rooting for. Plus, Mary Kay Adams played her with such wit and panache, you couldn't help falling for her, either.

• Members

<-----

Oh, and I'm a big fan now of Maxie, and in large part because I hate ShrewLu (LOVE that name).

I'm starting to accept Sam, but basically because I want Liar Webber to be hit by a bus.

I'm a big fan of Lizzy on GL.

Love Sami on Days--well, more so before she got with Lucass.

Kendall on AMC is fab, more so when she's trying to hurt Babe or Greenlee.

• Members

GH

Tracy

ATWT

Emily

Barbara

Susan

EASTENDERS

Pauline

Peggy

Pat

Shirley

GL

Beth

Alexandra

PASSIONS

Pilar

Rebecca

DAYS

Sami

Kate

Vivian

Nicole

AMC

Erica

CORONATION

Blanche

Gail

Eileen

Rita

EMMERDALE

Viv

Edna

Betty

Steph

B&B

Stephanie

Y&R

Katherine

Nikki

Phyllis

Drucilla

SUNSET BEACH

Annie

Virginia

Olivia

• Members

Erica Kane, in her prime, was fantastic. Now, I just find her annoying. Her bitchiness hasn't matured. She's still acting like she's 25 years old, and it's beyond tedious.

I like GH's Maxie Jones -- just wish someone else was playing her, because I like the character and the things she says, but Kirsten Storms hyper-caffeinated, 20 words a second delivery in that contradictory perky voice grates on my nerves.

I enjoyed Sarah Brown's version of Carly, and even Tamara Braun's. LW's is just atrocious.

• Members

GH has the greatest bitch ever in Heather Webber, followed by Lucy Coe. Tracy and Monica get props for lasting so long, and then there was Susan Moore.

OLTL has some good bitches who just passed through, like Cord's mother, and Elizabeth Sanders. Gabrielle was the best though.

AMC had recurring bitch Enid Nelson, who was allied with teen bitch Liza Colby.

Loved them all. ABC doesn't have those type of roles anymore because they've focus grouped every role to be romantically viable and able to sustain a pairing that can generate a fanbase.

Archived