GL: Week of Nov. 26th

• Members

Come in here and share your thoughts GL fans!

I can't believe Harley is being such a hootchie!

I hope Olivia steals Gus from Nat.

I'm interested in seeing what happens with Lizzie and Bill.

I thought the scenes where Ashlee brought Doris leftovers was really cute. I really want Buzz and Doris to share more scenes.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, 42 people have read this thread so why aren't you POSTING!! I feel like the GL cheerleader of SON, but I refuse to let GL discussion on this board die. If I have to I'll reply to myself all week, despite how pathetic that will make me look, so someone get in here and save me from being the GL crazy lady! :(:lol:

• Members

Can't they give Alan another story BESIDES chasing after his son's exes? But the Phillip reference made me smile. It always comes back to Phillip for him, doesn't it?

I don't get the ga-ga ness of Cyrus. And I keep getting a queasiness every time I see Marina and Mallet together.

I thought it was nice of Frankie to give Marina that lead...even if I didn't quite get how that was really going to help anything.

• Members

Well, this week for me in Springfield has been kinda boring.

EW/DK's super-duper Cooper family has been getting way too much airtime the last few weeks, IMO. That's the only family they showed on Thanksgiving, for crying out loud! I don't get it.

And Julia - I HATE that they are going down this path with Harley. This plot point has totally turned me off of that entire story. There's no need to throw Harley into the Marina/Cyrus/Alex story, and the real Harley would never have fallen for him in the first place. She would have fought for Gus.

I am hoping the rest of the week will be less Cooper-centric. I want to see Reva! I wonder if KZ's done something to piss off EW, because she sure hasn't gotten much screen time over the last month or so. I know some of it was vacation, but I think she's been back for a couple weeks now.

And we have the "Reverend" Josh working with Jeffrey (after telling him to back off) going after Edmund :angry: DAM has breathed life into this show since he's been on and it ticks me off that they are going to "kill" Edmund off. UUUUUUUGH.

By the way, I read on another board that someone posted a rumor that Broderick and Jack Smith were writing GL now. How I wish that were true!!

• Members

Crystal Chappell was absolutely outstanding today. She had me in tears more than once, especially at the end with Emma. Every scene - Beth, Rick, Alan, Bill, Gus, Ava, Emma - was incredible. This was one of those "wow!" episodes for me. Maybe the best ITL so far.

• Members

So I ended my boycott of the show weeks ago.....that is my admission. It's hard to get rid of a habit that's been with you for more than 10 years.

Today I tuned in, and thankfully I did. Crystal Chappell has always been a favorite of mines, and today proved exactly what GL is missing out on not utilizing her. She was simply and utterly AMAZING! GL forget about you gazillion ITL's with Cassie, Jeffrey, Reva, and Harley. Give this woman the material she truly deserves and she will act the hell out of it. The show has restored my interest in Olivia, but I won't hold my breath for the execution of another illness story. I hope they really don't have Olivia keep this problem a secret from her family.

P.S. Ava/MRS didn't annoy me today. I fear that the actress is actually growing on me with how little we've seen her. Gasp! I might even start accepting Ava as Olivia's daughter (which I believed from day one was a mistake to do).

• Members

IA, MichaelGL, with most everything you said.

If TPTB had a clue, Crystal Chappel would be a leading lady on the show. It's been frustrating to me not to see her used the way that she SHOULD be. CC could read the phone book and I would be glued to the screen. Her performance on yesterday's ITL was sublime.

GL has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to actresses on this show: Crystal Chappel, Beth Chamberlin (loved their scenes yesterday), Beth Ehlers, Kim Zimmer, Gina Tognoni, Marcy Rylan, Marj Dusay, Maeve Kincaid (sp), Yvonne Wright and to a lesser extent KVZ (Ashlee) and Tina Sloan. Come on! Yet EW/DK absolutely refuse to make GL anything less than "The Cassie Show"! UGH! :angry:

I still can't stand Ava/MRS as Olivia's daughter. I hate every aspect of that story. There was a moment a few months ago (sometime this summer) that there was a hole (!) in this story that I have been waiting for them to fill. Olivia/Ava were having a discussion and the subject of Ava's birth date came up. Olivia/Ava found that they were something like 3 days off from what Olivia remembered and what is on Ava's birth certificate. At that time, I was thinking "PLEASE LET THAT MEAN SOMETHING!!!" and un-do this horrible plot. But I'm probably hoping for too much knowing DK.

EW/DK's track record with health-issue SLs isn't good (GT, KZ) so let's hope they have learned some lessons from those.

• Members

I agree that the returns of DC and DAM have breathed new life into the show. I hated that the Thanksgiving episode HAD to focus on the Coopers. When will TPTB realize that we're sick of having them and Cassie shoved down our throats?! I really enjoyed CC's episode yesterday and the scenes the other day between Billy/Bill when they were talking about Vanessa. I wish we had more *real* scenes like that. Remember the days of HB/Henry sitting around on the porch talking to Bill/Ben/Michelle. THOSE were the days. That's part of what GL is lacking. Move Cross Creek back to Tulsa and have it be a getaway for Josh/Reva again and not just Reva's house. Get rid of Nat and Rafe and spend the $$$ to bring back Phillip and Mindy. I think a Mindy/Mallet/Dinah triangle would be more interesting than Harley/Cyrus/Marina. Speaking of Marina, recast her. And Cassie. And Dylan. Oh how I miss the days of Betty Rea doing the casting! Get rid of the hideous opening and the ITL episodes. I wish the show would feature Ashlee and Doris more often. All this being said, I do love the show, but I wish the writers were more in tune with what the viewers truly want to see on TV everyday. And it ain't the Coopers or the instant Gus family.

• Members

DC is such a hottie. And he's become a very capable actor, IMO.

IA, but I love me some EJ Bonilla. He's a hottie! :wub:

Again, IA. EW/DK seem to have absolutely no interest in giving the fans what they want to see. They have a hard-on for Josh/Cassie and the Coopers. And did I say for Cassie? They are determined to make her the "heroine" of the show, regardless of how much the viewers can't stand her. Like I said in another post, they need to steer her towards loosing her mind again. Edmund should go back to her doctor and get her another jar full of those pills she was taking. That would be interesting. I would LOVE to watch that Cassie! :P

• Members

OOOOh I love the idea of a Mindy/Mallet/Dinah triangle. I remember Mindy/Mallet were pretty close all those years ago.

Chrystal is absolutely fantastic. This woman needs to be on more.What the hell is wrong with these writers??? I guess EW!

She can't see past Cassie/Josh to see the real talent on this show.

Archived