All Soaps: Regrets.

• Members

At one point in time in our soap watching career, I'm sure that there has been something that you wanted for your show and once it happened, you cursed yourself for ever wanting it. I'm curious to know what other's regrets are.

My NUMBER 1 regret EVER is wishing that Elizabeth Webber got more story than being just a prop at the hospital.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As much as I like Gwen on ATWT and I do, I wish I would have never liked Jen Landon on that first day, which lead to her getting a contract, because the show turned way to much into all Gwen all the time, and it took away from alot of other stories. It is better now, but that still does not replace the two years that the show was totally Gwen centric. If she would have had the airtime she has right now, during the whole time I would not even say what I am saying, they over exposed her that was the problem. Pretty much they turned a good thing into not such a good thing. Fantastic actress, but she never deserved that many stories or that much airtime, nobody does.

I watch the show to see the whole cast not just one character or couple and that is what I flet like I was doing for two years. I would not even want to see Luke or Nuke that much. 3 days max a week, not 5.

• Members

Days- 1998, i actually wished that the Kristen storyline where to end, i wanted her to be find out for the psycho she actually where, but you know she never should have left, she was a fun character and Susan where hilarious, so was also Mary Moira and Penelope, i cant remember Thomas!

• Members

Two things.

Wanting Florencia Lozano to come back to OLTL after she left in 2000. Loved her with RH. Loved TNT but for her to come back for SISP, could have done without 95% of it.

Wanting Roger Howarth to leave OLTL when tiic made it clear that they weren't going to write his character the same way it was written since the beginning and that they were dead set on going another round of Todd and Blair madness. He goes to ATWT and imo got truly crappy writing for a majority of the time he's been there and now is trapped in an awful, unrealistic and neverending wtd story.

• Members

DITTO! I hated that Lucky and Liz were backburner and wanted them on teh frontburner, but too bad they went and destroyed them as a couple and her as a character.

I also regretting wanting to see more of Emily when they backburnered her earlier this year bc once she started coming on more, all she did was prop up Jason/Liz and annoyed me

• Members

GL

Wanting more airtime for the character of Alexandra Spaulding. Ever since Ellen Weston, the character has been destroyed every time she gets a story.

Wishing that the show would give the Bauers a storyline. Starting with Ed, his whole history was changed so they could give the pairing of Marah and Jeffrey a story. Michelle got uber annoying and left with her mobster boyfriend. That's another regret I have, I wanted them to break up Danny and Michelle, but to pair her up with Tony? Another no, no. Moving onto Rick, they made it look like he had something to do with Ross's death, his break up with Mel was a "blink or you miss it" moment. Now his storyline w/the hlier thou group is just "blah". I don't care one way or another for it.

• Members
My biggest soap regret: Not watching AW when I was a kid; or watching other soaps when I was a kid. I simply watched the two soaps that my mother watched which were DAYS and GL. Didn't think twice about flipping the channel over to ABC and catch Stone's battle with AIDS on GH or Loving/The City Murders.

• Members

GL

... Wanting Holly (Maureen Garrett) to have a storyline, only for the 2004 story of her held captive by Sebastian to be such a dud we haven't seen her since (except for the episode last year when Ross died).

... Wanting Mallet (Rob Bogue) to stick around post-Harley-in-jail story. It was promising at first with him and Dinah, but now he just drags Gina Tognoni down. She needs a new leading man.

DAYS

... Having faith in Hogan Sheffer.

... Wanting Chloe & Brady together. Their initial attraction was good, but their last couple years of story was so coma-inducing.

... Excited about Hogan Sheffer beefing up the Horton clan only to have him bring young'uns we've never heard of who get their own story completely separate from any real Hortons.

... Hoping that "They're All Alive!" (i.e. Captive Island) would help save the mess that the Serial Killer story had made.

Archived