B&B: Week of Nov. 5th Discussion!

• Members

I think the week started with another very solid episode, although why Bell would go into lightening pace once again I don't understand. I'm glad that Nick and Donna are teaming up for revenge, this can only bring nice stuff. :D

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Donna/Stephanie stuff if priceless. I couldn't believe my eyes with Jackie doing all the things that she did in the bathtub, but I guess that's a definite way to get publicity lol. I am a LITTLE uncomfortable with Jackie's sudden transformation into Sally, but, as I've said before, LAD is definitely nailing it!

• Members

I like the idea of the Spectra tradition continuing because I love me the Spectras. Even with Clarke's involvement, though, I really wish CJ was properly involved, too, to carry on the family link. But LAD is kicking some a$$ and I'm glad she has her own SL to get her teeth into. I think there is nothing Jackie would like better than to sock it to the Forresters.

More than anything, I would LOVE a memorial service for Sally. I'm talking a two-episode thing involving the whole cast, church readings by Stephanie, Clarke and CJ, the whole shebang.

-CJ could reconnect with his best frenemy Rick and with former crush Bridget.

-Adam and Kimberley could come back for the service (like Lucy Coe did for Lila's funeral on GH), with Adam shooting daggers at Eric and Stephanie.

-Plus, can you imagine Adam and Jackie hitting it off? Clarke and Eric would be more than a little annoyed.

-Kimberley could flirt with Rick, really pissing off Ashley and Phoebe.

It would be a massive celebration of Sally's life (and, by extension, Darlene Conley's). I think B&B viewers really need the closure because DC was a major vet on the show. IMO, she was practically of Core Four status.

Finally, as the service approaches its end, a larger-than-life, red-haired figure in dark glasses and sequined shawl approaches... The congregation gasps. OMG, is it Sally? Nope, it's Sally's scamming sister Samantha (played by Patrika Darbo?)!

• Members

Another great episode today. Loved Donna standing up to Stephanie again -- "Don't count on it bitch" or whatever she said. Also enjoyed Nick's threat at the end though it's all bluster as per.

Everything is going so well at the moment. There are so many different characters involved in the main stories and apart from Ridge/Brooke it's all very watchable.

• Members

B&B has always been campy. Remember Sheila Carter in her final years or Morgan DeWitt? LOL

James, I also loved the bitch line that Donna said to Stephanie. That was a good one. This slut just wont get knocked down. Stephanie has finally met her match. Brooke was never this relentless

IA, but they have her sleeping with Eric so that keeps her at Forrester until whenever he dumps her for Stephanie. At that point, she will be hell bent on taking him down as well.

• Members

You know, I was never a Patrick Duffy fan on Dallas. JR stole the show over there and I never "got" PD's tightly-bejeaned heart-throb status. But wow, is it a different story on B&B! He has aged amazingly well -- and he's a powerful and dynamic male figure on the show. Shocker! I wish they'd give him a contract and entice him to stay but that's probably not how Duffy wants it.

Am also enjoying Donna. Jennifer Gareis may not be the most acomplished actress on the show, but she is hair-tossingly bitchy, manipulative, campy and stomps her foot like a spoiled child. She's a meddler and that is what this show needs. Her rivalry with Stephanie is really giving B&B some oomph and, you know, I even buy her relationship with Eric. BTW, John McCook ROCKED Wednesday's scenes when he fought with his children about why he's fallen for Donna. She's made him feel young and imortal again. JMcC played it with a lot of understated emotion.

• Members

I love how fantastic John McCook has been lately! As Cat said, his scenes on Wednesday were wonderful and I'm glad he is finally being given a chance to shine! Donna vs Stephanie is getting better and better. I love it! And, don't tell me you didn't catch all the setting up!? ("I wish I could get rid of her!" "What do you mean?" "I'm gonna KILL you!").

Although, that hotel room Stephanie was living in? REALLY? A millionaire can't afford a better suite?

• Members

So true. Maybe Stephanie's maid Rosario was living in that room and the Queen was living next door? LOL!

I was LMAO when Steph entered this "suite" and Nick also kept walking in from the balcony waving death threats. That's how to wrap an fantastic episode.

B&B is so addictive these days. This has been the best week in many years, IMO. Actually, I don't think there has been so much believable drama in soap opera land for more than 5 years...

I always liked B&B's cast and thought it was very solid. But look what you get when actors are not just working with good stories and dialogue but fantastic stuff: fantastic performances all around. Cat summed it up perfectly about John McCook. He was stellar. There are no words for it. Loved how Stephanie was trading barbs with Donna, the Brooke and finally Donna in consecutive episodes. Ma Forrester is sure kept busy by the Logan thorns.

Then, I was totally surprised that Bobby Ewing ah Stephen Logan was already there. Nice touch, nice twist - liked it.

Finally, Jackie bathtub press conference. :lol: And her calling Clarke not "Bucky" but "Superboy". :lol: What a riot!!!

One thing I noticed while watching all this in a row. The episodes were dialogue-wise barely unrecognizable similar stile-wise and quality-wise (YOu couldn't distinguish the Tracy Ann Kelly-script from Janice Ferri Esser and so on). It's like the writers all sat in one room and worked it as a collaboration which is exactly what Kay Alden called one of the objectives during her MIt seminar. :)

I also noticed that Patrick Mulcahey has recently written very few scripts which makes me think that he will be very much involved in the upcoming sweeps shocker story like he was back in 2005 with Stephanie's fake heart attack.

Archived