DAYS: Credit Where Credit is Due.

• Members

Ed Scott has totally revitalized the "Writing" on this show. It's gotten so much tighter and "soapy".

The scenes now "over-lay" and there's incredibly good Shading and Melodrama.

This is not Hogan's panache.

It's Ed Scott, and I for one, am loving how they "Get to the Point" and get the damned story going

lately.

The focus...if you notice....is now the stories of a mother (Marlena) and her two daughters

(Sami and Belle).

The DiMera feud is there, but it's pushed to the back of the Mother/Daughters.

EXCELLENT move, because soaps are driven by strong women's stories.

PHILIP is magnificent!!!!!

I am now excited about Chloe's return, because so much is bubbling.

I hope they make her a real bitch as she'll definitely be after Shawn (I hear)

and has so many ways to torment both Belle and Shawn's newly fascinating

mother, Hope.

This show is not going to survive if it doesn't take chances, and I think Ed might be

the one to push the envelope a little bit and go for "new viewer" ratings.

Loved seeing Marlena finally SLAP the man who raped her daughter---love seeing E.J.'s heartfelt passion

for Sami, regardless of what the world thinks---love seeing Belle being a human being and Hope

shocking everyone by relating to Belle as a fellow woman.

I could almost SMELL those bedsheets!...and the tension, the "sordidness" that's multiplied

because the sinner was someone so angelic as Belle.

BRAVO Ed!

Love seeing MARLENA be the focus of the Brady's contempt for the DiMeras (at last!)

OH--the drama!!

The music

The cut-aways

The overlays

The feminine touches

Love it. :P

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL that made my day.

I think Scott has improved the situation at DAYS, cosmetically things are looking better than they have in a long time. I don't think though that the writing meshes at all. I just don't think Hogan Sheffer is ever going to work at DAYS and I think he needs to go. Although Jack Smith doesn't really get along with Ed Scott I have to wonder if he wouldn't be a great fit as HW at DAYS. Smith has a sloppier style when compared to Kay Alden which I think would fit nicely at DAYS.

• Members

Dear God, it's Rocky Marciano all over again. Every time we talk about potential, new DAYS HW's, somebody gotta pull Sheri Anderson out their ass, lol.

(For those who don't know, I'm making a reference to the Eddie Murphy movie, "Coming to America".)

• Members

This show at one point was amazing and couldnt miss an episode. However over a string of awful writers and bad storylines the show had become utter crap. Now the show actually feels like its getting its heart and soul back, and in large part i think that has to do with Marlena and her amazing story.

The show does seem to be about relationships again. Marlena & her childern. I love Marlena holding it in and being strong. Sami being selfish, however still getting herself into a bad situation. I love that angelic perfect Belle has now cheated on her love, Shawn, with one of her best friends and ex Philip. Made even better by the fact that Hope, Shawns mom, found out and isnt telling him.

Stefano no longer comes off as a cartoon. The colle storyline actually isnt even bad. The look and feel and sound of the show is just so much better.

I cant wait to see what happens next on Days now.

• Members

Ed Scott seems to have had an impact,but there is so much he or any producer can do over time if the writing is not there.

For Days, or any soap,producers ,writers ,the whole team have to be on the same page.

The John story has worked,but time will tell if the show can get it together and move in the right direction.

• Members

really? sam,is in every storyline huh? cuz i actually only see her in her own storyline, it just happens to be on everyday.

I actually for the first time every am liking Belle. shes finnaly got some real and honest drama and conflict.

and what heinous acts has Philip done?

Archived