DAYS: Credit Where Credit is Due.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the show is vastly improving, but although it pains me to say, that even I am getting tired of Sami and EJ. Actually, more Sami, than EJ. I will forever love Alison Sweeney, but we need a slight break from her. And truly,Sami needs to get some of her bitch back. She just does NOT work as the weepy victim. As for Belle, am loving her, and Martha Madison. And thought it was wonderfully soapy that she and Philip had sex, and then Hope walked in right after, and confronted Belle. DAYS needs more of that kind of drama. Somehow, the Shawn, Belle, Philip triangle has become my favorite on the show, most likely because the chemistry is just about perfect between Madison and JKJ. It will be interesting when Chloe returns, and what she has to do with this group.

• Members

I agree. Ali is on every freakin day and its irritating. Give it a rest. And when she returns from a hiatus, PLEASE return her to the feisty Sami she used to be. Frankly, Ali cannot pull of weeping heroine, mostly because she cannot cry AT ALL. Her frantic sobs really distracted me from the heartwrenching drama of John's death.

• Members

They should give Ali a 3 month vacation and let DH show them how its done. In ONE week, she had me in tears 5 out of 5 days, and upped the show's entertainment score and she was a shining light last week. And now - gone again, and the show is back where it was two weeks ago.

• Members

I am shocked Ali, Bryan, and James have not had some sort of substantial break. Even the other characters who dominated the frontburner earlier this year had breaks. Belle, Shawn, and Philip were backburnered all summer. Chelsea and Stephanie have been given breaks now and again. Nick was basically off this whole month. It just seems like the Sami story can't be backburnered and I am beginning to wonder if this is NBC related. Maybe they want her on everyday because she is hosting The Biggest Loser or maybe Corday is doing it hoping to attract TBL fans by showing her everyday since she would be the recognizable face to them. Hell, maybe it's Corday's way of kissing up to NBC by using Ali so much, almost as a way of promoting TBL. Even with Ed there, I think this is possible. I have seen other actors and actresses dominate years on Days but never like this and never without a break of some sort along the way. Something is up with that.

• Members

I have no problem with Sami being front and center, as long as it is with Marlena, Hope, Belle, Lexie.... I just hate how Sami is being written. What made Sami interesting was when she felt bad for doing bad things, but in her mind, she always had a reason for it. You rooted for her, because she wasn't a one note cartoon anymore, but a real person. THAT Sami would be interesting. The one we have now; boring! And yes, we need more of Marlena. There is a good interview with Dee in SPW, and she seems encouraged by what is to come

• Members

True, but my gut tells me, Hogan truly likes her better as a single woman, and not tied into the romance with John. Although, if that was the case, we would have seen much more of her last winter, when John was in a coma. But, as much as I love DAYS, I will have most likely given up all hope, if Marlena doesn't get a huge story out of John's death. Because then, it was all for nothing, killing off John. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen

Archived