Rumour: Jackie Zeman Fired

• Members

You know, I really, really doubt JZ will work again in soaps if this is true. Sadly, I think soaps these days regard veteran actors, when they do use them, as more of a responsibility than anything else. They don't want to take on more responsibilities. Most soaps are already stuffed with vets they aren't using, they aren't looking for any more.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not to mention look what she's done to her face!

And I don't mean to bash her or anything, but some people should have laid off the surgery and botox after the first paycut.

I wonder if TPTB even see the need in keeping Tony Geary or Janel Elliot around...If they kill off Tracy Quartermaine, I am SO done with this effing show.

• Members

WOW. It's AW/Frankie and GL/Maureen all over again. When will JFP learn from her mistakes. On the upside, GH will get really good ratings that week and win the emmy for outstanding Daytime Drama series. Way to go <rolls eyes>. Misses Wendy Riche.

• Members

I cant say I'd be surprised given the current state of GH, but I sure would hate to see Jackie go. She has stuck with this show through its good times and its bad. She deserves better and if they are going to fire her, give her one hell of an exit storyline. Not some cheap death scene and have Bobbie be forgotten the next day.

• Members

I'm shocked about Emily. She is a very important legacy character. I'll wait to see how it plays out, maybe if is a faked death, like when Katherine died at the first ball. I do not trust Guza, but he did say something about how this plot will play out for awhile, and that Emily and Nikolas are very important players. I hope for the best. After Drake on DAYS though, I guess anyone is expendable.

I have never been much of a Bobbie fan, but I miss her now. I would hate to see her killed off the show. Frons is not the only one to blame for Bobbie's slow fade. JFP put her back into selfish bitch mode during the Roy Deluca crap with Jensen, and after that story she faded out. Guza used to love the Bobbie character, she was one of the vets he did write for.

• Members

Yeah, this is one instance where I can't blame Guza because he always wrote for Jackie...it's JFP and Frons.

The thing is though Bobbie didn't have a slow fade...it was like one second she's front burner and then the next, after Frons was in, that she was just instantly backburned. I don't think Jackie ever phoned it in...how the hell do you work with 2 episodes a month?!

I really hope this rumor is false. GH is dead to me without Bobbie Spencer. And the unfortunate thing is that I agree with Graciecat...if Jackie were fired from GH I can't see another soap hiring her, she IS Bobbie Spencer, it's an iconic role and the sad fact is that daytime has no respect for anyone (especially any woman) over 39.

Archived