Days: Thursday, October 4th

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steve hissing (like the air being let out of Stefano's ego when he gets shivved) as Stefano glared at him was CHILLING.

Steve vs. Stefano is loads more fun than John vs. Stefano any day. Sorry, Drake. I like you, but these are some serious chops going up against each other.

• Administrator

Steve vs Stefano has better acting? Of course. But the Pawn vs the Phoenix is always more interesting. There's more history and more depth.

I can't believe Andre survived yet another fall from the roof. LMAO

I also loved hearing EJ talk about raising the twins as true Dimera's.

Joe M. was awesome yet again. I love seeing so much Stefano. This is how you're suppose to use him! :)

Kudos again to Noel Maxam. Thank you Ed Scott for bringing him to DAYS!

• Members

Reading the transcript for this episode yesterday I thought for sure this was going to be a Jodie Scholz episode because I enjoyed it so much, but nope. It was a Judith Donato one. Not that I normally have issues with her scripts, they just don't usually stand out for me. Good job, Judith.

What a super duper great episode all around.

I loved the bickerflirting EJ and Sami scene at the beginning in the kitchen with Sami telling her not to touch him "any time, any place, any where" just because the way she said it immediately conjured up for me a line from the beginning bickerflirting scene between Rosalind Russell and Cary Grant in "His Girl Friday," one of my favorite movies of all time. So fun and sexy. If Hogan screws up this love-hate marriage of convenience story for EJ and Sami, I just might have to sick Andre on him.

OMG Steve, don't get my hopes up with your talk about you and Stefano sharing a cell block. SN and JM locked in one room sharing bunk beds, maybe having to work together to escape prison? Now that would be fun to watch. "No one talks to Stefano DiMera like that... for very long." CHILLS! I loved the hissing noise in the background too. And yay for Kayla finally arriving. That had bugged me. Loved her threat to Stefano too. Yay for feisty Kayla. But poor Steve getting arrested. :(

The hostage thing on the roof was way more interesting than I thought it would be given we have already seen both Bo on a rooftop with Andre and Andre holding Hope as a hostage at least once before in this neverending vendetta loop. Loved the complexity of Bo trying to reason with crazy Andre about how Stefano could hand his empire to him and Bo could help guarantee his freedom and Andre's shooting down his points time and again. TP, KA and PR were great. The intensity was just top-notch and I love Bope so much for the trust that they have that Hope let Bo shoot at Andre and Bo knew to do it. That kiss and embrace was great. Now how about a real full-fledged Bope love scene, huh? Have they even had one since they got back together? Oh poor Andre wheeled away on the gurney! Keep fighting, Andre! I'm not ready for you to die yet.

Not sure exactly what to make about EJ with Stefano today. I'm not someone who minds EJ doing bad things or flirting with the dark side, I just don't want him doing stupid, self-destructive things that will keep him from attaining his goals and I don't want him to be portrayed as Sami's nemesis because I think it would be much more interesting if we could get bad bitch Sami again and they could be ruthless schemers together. I know that's a pipe dream on a show where the Bradys can do no wrong and the DiMeras must lose every time for being bad bad baddies, but it's my dream dammit, and I refuse to give it up. I wish someone could pick characterizations for Stefano and EJ and stick with them. The inconsistency is maddening. The show needs to settle on which one is good cop and which one is bad cop because I don't like that one month we will have Stefano being the hardass smacking EJ around for being disobedient while the next month it's EJ puffing Stefano up about continuing the DiMera dynasty. There's just something off there. One thing I did like though was that EJ did try to be a gentleman and Sami told him good luck with that, and then that was followed by his talk with Stefano where he decided he's going to be hardball because his gentlemanly tack was rejected out of hand.

I like that this EJ-Stefano stuff was juxtaposed with Sami-Roman and Sami-Lucas scenes. Not crazy about all the protecting/providing for talk from Roman and Lucas. Just comes across as emphasizing more of the chauvinistic nature of this triangle to me of Sami needing to be rescued by the Brady men from her own lust and stupidity about a DiMera man. Now to be fair to the Bradys, although I don't know why, it's the same way on the other side with EJ and Stefano thinking they know better than Sami about what's best for her. Girl can't win and no matter how this plays out I don't see anyway she can stand on her own two feet free and in control, which really sucks if Sami's "redemption" means she is more powerless than ever. Please get these babies out of her womb already and give her a job so she can do SOMETHING.

Ed Scott continues to amaze. Loved the shots of the skyscraper to start the rooftop scene, the real-life shots looking down from the rooftop interspersed in the drama of the moment plus the car horn noises in the background were great too.

I actually didn't mind the Stephanie-Max-Chelsea scene at the Cheatin Heart today except for the red lighting being too overbearing on everyone and Darin Brooks's facial hair. Still, it didn't feel as out of place in the episode as the scenes did yesterday. Loved that Stephanie finally found out about her Dad too. Chelsea not being told about the Bo-Hope thing is kind of lame, but I get that it was done to get Max and Stephanie together again and accept it.

Whew! It's funny. I am mad as hell about certain spoilers about this show and despite the fact that it's a dreaded ratings Thursday, I watch the DOOL episode that's on my screen and for all the grief it gives me I find it still worth watching. *sigh*

• Members

Great show today..Loved all the drama at the station and on the roof..This week really has been great for Days..And I liked the Max, Stephanie, Chelsea and Adrienne scenes..Mainly because i like all the actors...and they were funny..I liked Max and Stephanie both checking each other out at different times..

• Members

I wasn't as impressed as others over this episode -- it was still interesting but had an almost bizarre feel to it. Plus my trust Sheffer or not issue surfaced mid way through the show - and the not started winning.

The highlight for me was the look in Stefano's eyes as he walked up to Steve (the look and scene mentioned by others). For me this was classic Stefano: the Stefano that thrilled me and gave me chills years ago and is doing the same this time around. Again I'll give Sheffer credit for that, but I hate the not so subtle change in direction that came across in todays show.

The interaction between Andre and Hope was great. The setting was good and the camera shot of the street below made me dizzy (fear of heights) so it worked. Bo was decent and I loved their rooftop hug. Showing Andre after the fact was ok -- a shot of him on the ground would NOT have been!! As a total DiMera lover, I've enjoyed Thaao's portrayal of Andre and don't take well to him being injured or worse. IF I trusted Days enough to involve Tony more in the show I might feel a little better about things.

The scenes with EJ and Sami were good, and Sami's attitude was expected. EJ is adorable - and Sheffer can't destroy JS's charisma no matter how hard he tries. The scenes between Stefano and EJ were well done; loved the father/son interaction and Stefano suddenly looked older and very tired but responding to EJ's words and seeming to regain a little strength. Days was successful in establishing an ominous undertone (which I gather was the intent). That said, I'm afraid my theory that Sheffer is capable of writing a decent storyline without demonizing or trashing characters was most likely wrong.

Cleaned up Roman was good to see and the initial scene with him and Sami at the hospital (happy to see each other ok) felt natural. lucas didn't cut it for me - it was nice that there was no ranting, but this character just hits me wrong 99.9% of the time. There are few people, irl or on tv, that seriously annoy the hell out of me, but he does and has since he started on Days. It's not even a love to hate, which is something I can enjoy, and sadly I don't see it getting better. So if lucas and sami are end game, I'm 100% with those who want them to take a very, very long extended vacation -- a walk around the world would work quite nicely!

Still a decent episode but with a different feel - which didn't hit me as being positive. JM, TP, JS, SN and KA were all excellent as usual and it was great to see Kayla.

The main negative is that I don't trust Days to do more than keep devoting large chunks of time to the (to word it politely) college stuff and make the Brady's etc look like candidates for sainthood. The show has been consistently (more or less) decent for close to two weeks, but based on Sheffers work since he started and the hints of things to come, I trust him as much as I trust a rattlesnake (no offense to rattlesnakes). But I'm still watching and trying to get rid of that nagging concern that Sheffers going to blow it again.

• Members

Today was amazing. Bope were so good. I loved their showdown with Andre and how they tried to use Stefano to negotiate with him. The shots of the building, ground below, and just the look was great. I loved how Hope and Bo trusted each other and how she had enough faith he would hit Andre. The shot of them kissing, her little slap of him on the face, and them in each other's arms with Bo saying it wasn't over yet...loved it. Just awesome stuff right there. Great look. PR and KA look amazing!!

Steve and Stefano are such a great pair. When Stefano delivered that line, saying no one talks to him like that for long, I got chills.. Loved Steve's kissing and nice seeing Kayla too. Loved seeing her feisty toward Stefano. Stefano and EJ's talk was nice too. JM and JS play well together and I enjoy their relationship. I also liked seeing the 2006 EJ resurface. That is the EJ I think they need to go with IMO.

Nice seeing Roman finally out of harm's way. I enjoyed his scene with Sami when she gave him the card and they shared that special moment together. Classic Days. Good stuff too with Sami and Lucas. I actually forgot Will was going to show up. Good drama though.

The Cheatin Heart scenes were nice. I like the lighting. Nice seeing more Adrienne and loved her interaction with Max. I love their friendship between Max and Chelsea and Max, Chelsea, and Stephanie play so well off each other. I enjoyed their back and forths today. I am enjoying this story so far.

This has been a great week. Hopefully, we can end it right tomorrow.

• Members

im shocked. i NEVER, and i do mean NEVER IN MY LIFE, thought id like this couple... but im kinda like Bo & Hope. ugh... thats not okay with me.

anyways...

Steve needs to go. He just... he needs to go. i hate him so much. and uim sorry, but the actor is sooo overrated. He was OKAY at best on GH. and yes alot of it is the fact that his char is written as a cartoon. but idk. same with tony.

i LOVED sami & roman. it seems like sometimes Days forgets what kinda relationshop sami & roman have. he has always been like a god in her eyes. i remeber when Sami kicked marlena out for sleeping with john and sami was telling roman she can take care of him. sooo cute.

I do liek the cheatin heart stuff actually. its a nice set and i loved seeing max. i do agree that he chelsea and stef all play well off eachother.

sami/eh were great. loved ej/stefano ... and lucas. im sorry but i think his time has come.

• Members

Pretty good episode. I'm a little ticked that we didn't get to see a scene wherein the news about Benjy is broken to Kayla, though. It could have been just as heart-wrenching as Steve's reaction. I FF'd almost all the Cheatin' Heart/red light stuff.

Archived