OLTL: Susan Haskell to return?

• Members

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/The...lson.htm?isfa=1

One Life to Live (A-Channel/ABC) — Christina Chambers fired!

Hallelujah! Just when we thought OLTL couldn’t get any better, it does! Our prayers have been answered and that hack Christina Chambers (Marty) has finally been fired! Unfortunately, we can’t set a date for our see-ya-later party just yet, because her last air date has yet to be determined, but insiders suggest it may take a couple more months of torture. An ABC source tells TV Guide, “You can expect Susan Haskell back [in her Emmy-winning role]. That’s a definite. Marty and John are moving full-steam ahead.”

Me: taking with a grain of salt, not sure how reliable TVGuideCa is

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not a fan of the Marty character in general... so trading one actress for another isn't all that great to me (I hate it when TPTB do things like that, just because the orginal wanted to come back, it's not fair to the actor/actress or their fans). I thought I read somewhere that Marty is actually suppose to leave Llanview in December or so... so SH coming back in the role is possible.

• Members

Christina Chambers is an awful actress, regardless of it being a recast. She made a fool of herself on ATWT as well. She's very pretty, but she lacks the gravitas to pull off a role like Marty or Molly or anything on a soap with talent at the level of OLTL or ATWT (for that age range). Honestly, could she compete with Martha Byrne, Cady McClain, Kassie DePaiva, etc.? No way in hell.

I think something is wrong with the OLTL casting director. She proved on Soap Star that she favors looks over talent, but she has done some amazing casting. In recent years I think she's been extremely hit or miss. Christina Chambers shouldn't have even been allowed to audition for a role like marty.

I can't say I blame TV Guide Canada for stating their opinion in a column which is about...opinions! They have given OLTL an endless amount of praise, they even gave the awful new AMC headwriters a chance! I'm glad they're around to give us news and their fabulous interviews since TVG: US has discontinued their web service.

Was Elaine really bad as Dorian? I've only seen Strasser in the role.

Can't wait to see Haskell back! Especially with the rumor that Michael Easton could leave. Maybe they'd pair her with Hunt Block. I have no idea who they will put him with. I thought Viki, but she has someone else.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Oct 3 2007, 10:42 PM)
Can't wait to see Haskell back! Especially with the rumor that Michael Easton could leave. Maybe they'd pair her with Hunt Block. I have no idea who they will put him with. I thought Viki, but she has someone else.

ME's already addressed the rumor that he's leaving on his site by saying the concerns are unwarranted and his contract isn't even up in 2007.

Archived