OLTL: Susan Haskell to return?

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Oct 4 2007, 12:42 AM)
Christina Chambers is an awful actress, regardless of it being a recast. She made a fool of herself on ATWT as well. She's very pretty, but she lacks the gravitas to pull off a role like Marty or Molly or anything on a soap with talent at the level of OLTL or ATWT (for that age range). Honestly, could she compete with Martha Byrne, Cady McClain, Kassie DePaiva, etc.? No way in hell.

Can't wait to see Haskell back! Especially with the rumor that Michael Easton could leave. Maybe they'd pair her with Hunt Block. I have no idea who they will put him with. I thought Viki, but she has someone else.

I also can't wait to see Susan Haskell back, but Christina Chambers was a good re-cast and is a good actress. I agree she was poor on ATWT as Molly. She's not as good as Byrne, McClain, DePaiva or Haskell true. I blame Dena Higley's writing as the reason Chambers' Marty didn't take off and was different (in some ways) than the Susan Haskell's version.

btw, Elaine Prince was a good Dorian Lord. She was good in the role, but Robin Strasser's the best Dorian. I also fairly remember Claire Malis, who played Dorian before Strasser, and she was just ok. Strasser is the definitive Dorian. Nancy Pinkerton was actually the original Dorian. (Don't remember her).

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't care how good or bad CC is/was. What TV Guide Canada said is slander (well at least in the USA it is, I don't know Canada's laws.) They have no right to report like unprofessionals. Like Ryan, said if they were to post here as professional journalist their post wouldn't see the light of this website. I am disgusted by it as somebody who knows people studying Journalism and has studied a little journalism.

• Members

How is it slander? If he said the exact same comments and it was someone like Charity Rahmer, would anyone complain? Nope. He gave his opinion which he has a right to. This is not a basic news report, it's a column with commentary. Y

ou should check out TV Guide and reviews in general and you'll see when an actor sucks, columnists will call them out. In daytime the networks control the magazine so you don't get the critical response you had before. Look at poor Mimi Torchin, she was fired. Now we're stuck with Carolyn Hinsey who admitted to keeping quiet about a big time soap actor beating his wife (and being served on set) because it would hurt his career!

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Oct 5 2007, 09:29 PM)
How is it slander? If he said the exact same comments and it was someone like Charity Rahmer, would anyone complain? Nope. He gave his opinion which he has a right to. This is not a basic news report, it's a column with commentary. Y

ou should check out TV Guide and reviews in general and you'll see when an actor sucks, columnists will call them out. In daytime the networks control the magazine so you don't get the critical response you had before. Look at poor Mimi Torchin, she was fired. Now we're stuck with Carolyn Hinsey who admitted to keeping quiet about a big time soap actor beating his wife (and being served on set) because it would hurt his career!

Yeah, you do have a point. I loved Mimi and her upfront opinions. I don't know I didn't find that right. I just thought it was an actual article like what the Soap Opera Network reporters report. But like i said I don't know Canada's laws so it might be different up there. But if they were talking about Hunter Tylo that way, she would sue, lol. No, I'm serious she would.

Archived