AMC

Gillian Andrassy (2001) Shot by an assassin

GH

B.J. Jones (1994) Taken off life support

Stone Cates (1995) Died of AIDS related complications with Robin by his side

Victor Jerome (1989) Suicide by diamond pendant

Zander Smith (2004) Hail of bullets

Stavros Cassadine (2001) Fell in a bottomless pit

Dr. Tony Jones (2006) Accepting Lucas’ homosexuality & having no regrets about his life

Dominique Baldwin (1993) Died of brain tumor in Scott’s arms

Y&R

Veronica Landers (1998) Victor sticking a pitchfork in her chest

John Abbott (2006) Died from stroke complications with his loved ones by his side

Drucilla Winters (2007) Fell off a cliff into the river

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I couldn't agree more Y&RWorldTurner. That was so cheesy. The effects were terrible. It makes me laugh just remembering that horror. I would of perferred if they weren't going to take the time or didn't have the right amount of funds to just not show the fall like they did.

• Members

Jesse Hubbard' death on AMC in 1988 was very memorable. It was pre-Internet and all-go spoilers, so his death was a total shock. Those deathbed scenes won Debbi Morgan her Emmy. This all happened during the writers strike, but the scenes were still incredible.

• Members

ATWT:

Jennifer Munson's Death

General Hospital:

Alan Q's Death

I'm surprised no one has mentioned all the hullabalu surrounding Cassie Newman's death on Y&R. I for one don't see what was so special about it. Don't get me wrong I love Y&R but I could have cared less about the girl. And her death really wasn't that "tragic" as it was made out to be. Yet for some reason all of soapdom decided to paint it as the death to end all deaths...lol.

Great topic by the way...

• Members

Maggie Hortons burtal death on days. yes it ende dup being fake and all, but that doesnt take anything away from this. The way it was shot with the camera only on Maggie was amazing. The fact that you at the point knew the killer was friends, close friends, with these people. then she saw the alkie bottle and said you know we dont serve alkie in this house, as if shame on you, then being beat to deal with the alkie bottle, sounda campy, but it wasnt. it was simply amazing. Alos having Micky attacked. having Lucas & Sami show up. it was amazing and Suzanne Rogers was simply amazing and was utterly robbed of another emmy award.

Jen being killed on OLTL was pretty bad to and i loved her final scenes before she died... from what i member anyways....

Cassies death on Y&R was everything. Itw as sudden and tragic and an amazing storyline and that still has affects today. The acting was bar none and the way it was written was great.

Zander's death on GH was also sad and well done.

• Members

DAYS

Roman's "death" on Stefano's island, when he "died" in Bo's arms

Alice Horton's "death" after she had tried hiding from Marlena in the cupboard

Steve's "death" ... Mary Beth Evans was awesome.

Maggie's "death" ... Suzanne was awesome.

Todd Chandler's death (Liz was singing to him)

LOVING

Those murders were all chilling, especially the older couple (Cabot and Isabelle?).

• Members

There's probably more, but this is what I could come up with just now.

DAYS

Zack Brady's death. I know we didn't see him actually die, that would have been too awful. But the scene when Hope found him lying hurt in the street all alone was so sad. And the "goodbye scene" with Bo and Hope at the hospital was by far the worst moment for me of all the death scenes I've seen in daytime. Maybe being a mother means I can relate more, I don't know. But I cryed like a baby that's for sure.

Maggie Horton's death. Suzanne did great. (Btw. Many of the "murders" in that storyline was really horrible. Horrible as in brutal and kind of disturbing to watch.)

ATWT

Jennifer Munson Donovan's death. Painful.

Archived