Guess who I met?!?!?!

• Members

Charles Keating!!!! I work at the Guthrie Theater, in the fine dining restaurant, and he is currently performing in "The Home Place". Anyway, I was walking out the other day, and there he was. I told him how I have been a big fan of his, and that I used to be obsessed with Port Charles. He said, "Oh, vampires..." to which I replied "how was it?". He flat out said "It was a bunch of bull [!@#$%^&*]." I thought it was the funniest thing in the world. When I proceeded to tell him that I collected episodes, he said "well, I hope you collect something better than Port Charles."

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Big deal. Do you like everything at your job? The show isn't even on the air now. Why can't he have his say? The fans sure do. Since he was on the inside, I think his experience is more than enough to back up his statement. The time to speak up is while you're on the show, though. His opinion doesn't do much good now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

More about Labine's proposed Heart And Soul: "...Claire Labine, a former GH head-writer, also submitted a treatment to the network called "Heart and Soul." This spin-off centered around Ned and Lois Ashton, and took place in Brooklyn. The show would follow the lives of [the Cerullo] family and a black family also living in [brooklyn]..."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118435/trivia

• Members

Becuase he's an actor who could appreciate a steady paycheck? I can see why it would be disappointing to fans to hear that I agree that he's mroe than welcome to his opinion...

And Ru I don't think you'll find anyone who doesn't think heart and Soul woulda been the better soap of the two--I remember how disappoited online fans were when PCharles won out

• Members

That show was apparently repacked to NBC as 'Union Place', when ABC didn't take to the idea. It was going to be retooled, without any GH references, but NBC opted to go with Sunset Beach instead, and Labine's creation died. Pretty sad, it would've been a 30 min soap too, the format where Labine truly thrives.

• Members

It's actually the other way around...Union Place was first pitched to NBC, I also heard PGP was interested in it as well, and then she packaged it as "Heart and Soul."

Charles Keating, although he pissed on the fans of PC, gets my respect for that statement. The people at ABC should have totally kept Karen Harris writing that show.

• Members

EricMontreal22, I have politely asked you to refer to me as RuAsRuAnAu. Is that too difficult?

My cousin is a soap buff and has loads and loads of soap stuff (scripts, tapes- she has every episode of AW 1999, cds, magazines, posters, autographs etc), so I'll ask her if she may have a copy of Heart And Soul.

I feel that Heart And Soul was thought to be less commercially appealing than the dreaded PC, so that is why ABC Daytime passed on it. And I also feel Heart And Soul was the superior of the two. :P

• Members

really... whats up with the hating because he abshed the show? do you think kelly monaco was all giddy she got to go to work on a crappy soap as a vampire? same for the rest of the cast... but it was a paycheck. so. i dont blame them.

ans Ru, no one calls anyone on message boards by there entire username. Im sorry you see it as a sighn of disrespect but its not.

• Members

If you can find a script or even better the 30 min Pilot for the Josh Griffith/Linda Gottlieb/Michael Malone FOx late night supernatural soap 13 Bourbon Street that WAS filmed and came this close to being picked up--and Logan at TVguide used to rave about whenever he could just to makepeople jealous he had seen it--I will call you whatever you ask ;) To be honest whenever I try to type our your full moniker I end up mispelling it and fear you'd be more offended... You have seen my typos haven't you--it might be safer to go with Ru and know I mean no offence by it.

Yah Wendy Riche I believe convinced ABC that she could film Port C on the GH sets, etc--a LOT cheaper. Wasn't HEart and Soul gonna immediately move Tracey from The City (where I loved her) to their show? Also randomness but how long did Debbi Morgan last on PC?

But I barely watched PC--and didn't even know Keating was on it! who did he play?

• Members

My interpretation of his remarks is that he was basically mocking the fan, for his tastes, as well as the show. Charles Keating is who he is, and that's fine, but sometimes who a person is, is someone who has no respect for what someone else - stranger or not - likes. That's how a lot of people are. It might have made me think badly of him, if I had an expectation that he'd be a nice guy - but I didn't have that expectation to begin with.

Archived