Dual Roles

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How could I forget Kevin and Ryan on GH?!?!? SO GOOD!!!!!!

And I totally blocked out Simon and Donovan on World turns. HAH!

I never got Anna and Alex Devane. to me, they were the same woman. I love Finola, but there didn't seem to be much identifying them as separate characters by the end. (And don't even get me started on the woman claiming to be Anna on GH right now)

• Members

GH:

Ryan/Kevin were great for sure. I agree that Grant Andrews and Grant Putnam was a good story. I especially liked the twist that the bad guy, the imposter GA became the good guy and the victim, GP, became the psychopath. Except that he killed Filomena. :( I loved Filomena. She reminded me of some of my relatives. :P

I also sometimes wished Bill Eckert had been on just a little bit longer, to have seen Tony Geary act opposite himself just a little bit more. But then maybe his death wouldn't have had the irony it did...the narcissistic Bill sacrificing his life for his son and dying in the arms of his lookalike cousin, Luke.

Even though the characters weren't really on EON's canvas at the same time (except in flashbacks, I think), I did like the whole faux Sky Whitney dies, and real Sky Whitney is alive story. But I thought then making twins also of Gunther Wagner was too much.

OLTL's Marco/Mario was pretty good. Patrick London wearing Bo's face not so good.

• Members

I know many consider Bill Eckert to be a big bust, but I have to say... looking back, he wasn't so bad a character. And tony did a great job with it. Obviously, he had to die once Luke returned. But in hindsight, Bill was kind of a fun character, and I'm sure interesting for tony to play... somebody other than Luke. And I agree... it was a great death.

• Members

>> I know this is blasphemy coming from an AMC fan, but I've never liked the way the show has handled Adam and Stuart. I've always found Stuart a bit irritating, corny, and hammy, and I roll my eyes every time I see Adam posing as Stuart.

If that's the case, then you and I are walking hand-in-hand to Hell together, Faulkner.

I don't care for Stuart -- and, to be perfectly frank, I'm not too crazy about Adam, either.

Kate Collins was good as Janet and Natalie -- in fact, she did a better Janet than Natalie -- but it always annoyed me that Janet and Natalie weren't supposed to be identical, and yet, there Janet was, posing as Natalie and bedding her husband.

And the less I say about Robin Mattson's Janet actually building a life with Trevor, the better, lol.

>> Patrick London wearing Bo's face not so good.

OTOH, it was probably the only way any of us OLTL fans were going to see Robert S. Woods and Andrea Evans involved in anything remotely sexual.

Gosh, I miss those days.

• Members

All time Favorite

Kristen/Susan/Mary Moria/Thomas/Phenelope Days

Good

Adam/Stewart AMC

Nikki/Viki OLTL

Hope/Gina Days

Marlena/Hattie Days

Decent

Grace/Faith Passions

Tony/Andre Days

The Bad

Phyllis/Shelia

Nothing again Michelle, but Shelia should have never been recast.

• Members

I remember hearing that Victoria Wyndham played a dual role on Another World. One, of course, was Rachel, the other was somebody evil called Justine. I never saw this, but the reports I've heard haven't been favorable. Does anyone remember this? I must say that the first year of Lily/Rose on ATWT was fantastic. With Lily on the island with Simon, and Rose back home seducing Holden, you had two distinct personalities , without the usual good/evil cliche.

• Members

>> One, of course, was Rachel, the other was somebody evil called Justine. I never saw this, but the reports I've heard haven't been favorable. Does anyone remember this?

I do and...it wasn't.

I'll admit, then-HW Carolyn Culliton was smart enough not to trot out the old guy-sleeps-with-twin-and-doesn't-get-a-clue twist. Carl slept with Justine-as-Rachel, but by the time it was...over, he figured out it wasn't really his wife.

Still, for as long as I'll live, I'll never forget the image of crazy Justine, posing as a nun (!), missing an arm and half her face after getting run over, and abducting Vicky and taking her off someplace. "Bizarre" doesn't begin to describe it.

Archived