Dual Roles

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL I remember Justine/Rachel so much from my AW viewing as a child. Justine dressed up as a nun scared the heck out of me! Didn't she brick Vicky behind the wall or something? How the fact that Justine looked like Rachel explained? They weren't sisters were they? She was Grant's mother right?

• Members

A few really old ones:

Awesome:

Jonah Lockwood/Keith Whitney on EON - can't remember the actor's name and I wasn't even in school when I saw this but it was amazing

Good:

Larkin Malloy as Sky Whitney/Jefferson Brown on EON

Pointless:

Joanna Johnson as Carolyn/Karen on B&B - when Karen fell in love with Ridge BEFORE SHE EVEN MET HIM, I gave up B&B for good

Truly Wretched:

Jacquie Courtney as Pat Ashley/Maggie Ashley on OLTL - another one I was pretty young when I watched but I knew enough to hate this. The woman couldn't even summon up a consistent English accent.

• Members

It appears that David Canary's Adam/Stuart and his 6 Emmy's is clearly the standard to beat. I am shocked that no one has mentioned the best dual( with a twist) there is. Another 6 time emmy winner Erika Slezak's Vicky/Nicky (Tory, Jean, Tommy, Princess, Victor). That is as good as it gets. But in fairness I have to give credit to Eileen Davidson and her outstanding emmy robbed performances of soaps first Quinteplets.

• Members

OLTL seems to prefer the DID route rather than dual roles...and most of the time it worked better for them. The writing for the more recent twin roles has been wretched.

BW did do a quite remarkable turn as Tess in the early stages, but as time grew on, the writing and acting failed to distinguish the two personalities. ES does a good job with Niki, but the other alters seem more interesting, less cartoonish.

TSJ was hilarious as the cartoonish Flynn, but that seemed barely a role. Troy/Colin was only barely dual.

Archived