AMC: Havins Out, New Babe In

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HORROR SCREAM

ICK !

I hope Alexa hits it big. She definetely has what it takes to make it in primetime or movies. I don't find her bland at all. She is realistic and raw and emotional and is very down to earth as an actress. I defientely think she can make it out in LA and I wish her all the best.

Alexa looks like she would be a natural at The Bold and The Beautiful. I always thought that. The soap just screams to me like a soap Alexa would naturally be drawn to. The entire style and look just seems to compliment her as well as her style. That would be interesting if she was able to go over to B&B or GH. I want her to go up and if she wants to work on a soap I think both of those soaps would be a good direction for her. I know Alexa said in some magazine interveiws that she wanted a Carly-esque role and she loved the character of Carly and all of her dysfunction. So who knows. But I would love to see her every day. I am going to miss her acting and she is defeintely a strong performer. Any soap would be lucky to have her.

Didn't they use a "cheap recast" with Greenlee? Sabine is no where near as expensive as Budig would have been and yet Greenlee is one of the top contenders for airtime.

I'll talk alittle bit about the recast now. I don't want to see anyone else in the role but Havins' and I will not watch this fake Babe parade around as the character I have loved for over 4 years. So bye AMC. I will watch Alexa's last scene then I won't watch anymore. Alexa is the only Babe for me. So this Night Shift person can be NotBabe.

• Members

I like Amanda Baker as Jolene on GH: NS, she reminds me of Kristina Wagner and think she would've been a good Maxie or Georgie. I think she's a good choice as Babe. She's got a tough act replacing Alexa Havins, who IMHO is a very good actress, deserving of an Emmy for a work about 2 years ago. I think Alexa will make it big, primetime and movies too. Don't watch AMC any longer and may never, but good luck to Ms. Baker and Ms. Havins!!

• Members

Honestly I don't see Alexa hitting it that big, never can tell, but I really doubt it.

It's very, very hard to make it big outside of soaps. The Vanessa Marcil's, Josh Duhamel's of the soap world, rarely ever come along anymore

Greenlee was an "unlikeable bitch" when RB played her, but somehow I loved to hate her, so yes IMO it is Sabine, she can't bring depth to Greenlee like RB did.

• Members

Zendall fans please discuss Babe here. This is not yet another topic for your trashing of Sabine. You're boring and aren't interesting. Gosh, I can't wait for Hannah to return. Anyway, back to topic---

I'm sad Alexa is out. She was great as Babe.

• Members

I wish soaps werent so recast-happy these days. It makes it slightly jarring when soaps are full of recasts. AMC is rapidly turning into what GH was like a few years back when many big roles (such as Carly) were recast. And also lots of recasting is something that's hurt Passions tremendously.

That being said, Amanda Baker doesnt seem right for Babe. Everyone's touted Erin Hershey Presley for any blonde role that goes up for a recast, and Alicia Leigh Willis isn't doing anything...both would be far better suited for the role.

Archived