AMC: Havins Out, New Babe In

• Members

SOD has confirmed that Alexa Havins will exit her role as Babe Carey on October 8th and they have already recasted with Amanda Baker (Jolene from Night Shift) is in and first airs on October 8th. No that is not a typo it is the same day with Alexa's babe hugging Krystal and when they part it will be Amanda.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good lord..........I didn't like this girl as Jolene and I doubt I'll like her as Babe.

And same-day/day after recasts don't work. Look how badly Jennifer Bransford bombed as Carly. Tamara aired Friday walking upstairs and opens the door to see Sonny & Reese together. On Monday, Jennifer opens the door. It's stupid.

• Members

Damn.........do they REALLY not like Erin Hershey Presley? This girl tried out for Babe and didn't get it, now they're recasting and they were interested but she STILL didn't get it. Lol, good lord.

I would take EHP over Amanda Baker. I can't see her as my Babe.

• Members

They've proven over the past 6 months that Babe is not really needed. I thought that was the whole point. Backburner her so we wouldn't "miss her" I am wondering if that was the original plan but B&E saw some big huge promise in the character of Babe or Bobbie inked an extension....

I could handle Babe still sticking around if Alexa were going to play her because the past 6 months have helped the character tremendously. But a newcomer, a Nightshift girl... EHP would have at least had a shot at making this recast work.

Sabine bombed and this will bomb as well. AMC makes another bad move.

• Members

I am glad you don't think she has but not a day goes by where I don't get down on my knees and pray to the soap gods that they fire her ass and get Rebecca back pronto. Sabine I think is a good actress, she just isn't Greenlee.

• Members

Yeah, too bad he's been reincarnated as Trevor Donovan :P

I actually don't dislike Alexa, but I guess you never know what a new actress will bring to the role. I don't mind Babe being on the show if they just keep the cast usage balanced. That's such a big if though. But I too have been liking Babe more once they toned her ubiquitousness down.

• Members

I think she works as Greenlee, and I would hate for Budig to get to come back now; she was given the chance, and turned it down. But, I would love to see Budig back on daytime; just not as a Brenda recast on GH! :) Oh, and how many days do you think it will take before Bradley Bell tries to get Alexa on B&B!? lol

Archived