DAYS: Possible Actor exit

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also, we already went through an ENDLESS touch-and-go health crisis with John earlier this year. And frankly, it kind of fizzled out. Any plot to kill off John would need to be set up with months of story that would up the stakes for John and Marlena again. Make John's death really devastating for fans of the J&M love story. Right now, John and Marlena are just flailing in the wind.

In the event they'd kill off John, they'd REALLY REALLY have to push Marlena to the fore. I don't trust the show to do this.

• Members

An alcoholism storyline would be fantastic for her to do, it would however, be 100% out of character for Marlena. I want Marlena to just go crazy and seek revenge after Stefano.

I'm expecting her to be on as much as she is now though, propping Sami, EJ and Lucas and do basically nothing. That seems to be the thanks for 30 frakking years doesn't it?

• Members

Well, at this point, after you have been posessed by the devil and thought you murdered like nine people, and didn't, what's out of character!? lol If she goes crazy and is out for revenge against Stefano, it would be just a redux of the story 20 years ago when Marlena lost Roman. At this point, I think we need to see Marlena wonder, "what in the hell else can happen to me in this life; how much more pain can I can handle"? I think it would be riveting to see her break down and lose it. and then work her her way back to a place of strength. I think it would really resonate with the audience. Anway, for this gamble to pay off, they MUST put Dee center stage, and have John's death have huge consequences. They can't play it safe and act like nothing happened a month later.

• Members

the show can either improve with Drakes exiting or go the "Passions" way....i would Hope Marlena would be so distraught over John's deathe she would some how develope multiple personalities maybe even one of her sister sam...and go crazy...and then Patsey Pease could return to help her out. or some form of Laura Horton....but John's exit MUST BE BIG or it will suck....i hope they havent washed there hands with giving Dee a storyline and keeping her around like Maggie has been all these years...cause if she doesnt get a story i would just leave days...and for ED who says she can't return because Drake wont be there...i say give it a few and let marlena find new love only then she would return and destroy Marlena again. that would be fun.

• Members

They won't.

And I disagree. Marlena after Roman's death was struggling with the grief, but it was very different. She was hanging on for her three small children. That's not an obstacle now. And Marlena didn't go after Stefano like that in 1984/1985, the shooting came after Stefano kidnapped Sami and Eric because he wanted Marlena to marry him and move to Caracas with him. With "go nuts" I mean full blown guns ablazin' terror. I want her to go after anyone who's ever hurt John.

On the other hand, a real life issue would be great, but I don't trust DAYS to handle it in character and with the respect it deserves.

• Members

I'm pissed. I think it's a bad move to kill off John Black. DAYS should axe Josh Taylor and make John Roman or bring back Wayne Northrop as Roman. It's a huge slap in the face to longtime DAYS viewers especially John & Marlena fans. I hope this pans out not to be true. GLOBE is NOT a reliable source. The other source is more reliable, but have been known to be wrong, for example the story they told about Frances Reid and health and that she was off DAYS for good!

• Members

Even if Drake is leaving, they should STILL axe Josh Taylor lol The character of Roman isn't needed anymore, but he sticks around because of his friendship withy Corday. But I don't think John's death is going to cause people to turn off of the show, it could have the opposite reaction. Again, it's going to be about how it's handled. The John and Marlena fans, are more Marlena and Deidre Hall fans; if she is given a major story (which she should), then they will be ok. But the show will be doomed if they screw this story up and back burner Dee.

Archived