AMC: Slow, repetitive and just plain boring

• Members

Adam I agree....they are starting from fresh and McT's material has been gone for some time but perhaps what Angie meant was they are trying to repair McT's damage and destruction and that will take time but at the rate they are going it will take longer. Again I find the show just good but AMC for me needs to be really good to great like it was from July/2003 to February/2005 (February/2005 to February/2006 it was just good, not great or very good....March/2006 to November/2006 it was dreadful. Then December/2006 to present it's just been good)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&E aren't doing what everyone pimped them to do. B&E were put on a pedestal post MMT being canned. They were being billed as gods, despite warns from others, and their own person track records. People threw their loyalty, completely unearned at B&E, and have followed blinding because they're not MMT. And now their work, and this is ALL them is airing, and it's nothing to write home about.

Personally, I think B&E are going to end up giving MMT a run for her money, but I hope that I'm wrong. I guess we'l have to wait and see. :)

• Members

As someone who anticipated the Kathy/Kate story more than any other soap story for TWO DECADES, I can say honestly (and admittedly bitterly) that it is already ruined. After the crapola with the Madden manipulating woman to give their children up for adoption and Tad being responsible for his death, and then Dixie dying by poisoned peanut butter pancakes, there is no way to redeem this story. It is already ruined. I have always liked Julia but now I resent her so much I can't watch her. There is no way I will watch her raise the child I waited 20 years for Tad AND Dixie to have.

• Members

I still am gonna give them some time and patience but from what only 2 weeks ago I loved watching (even episode slike the monologue episode with segments of pure frommage) is to me now quickly becoming, liek you said, just WAY TOO DULL and the same. I want an episode with NO Ryan/Annie/Kendall/Zack...

It is odd cuz my experience with B&E--when they wrote Loving and City was that they did have lots of stories going on, all interwined really well and wrote reallyquite fast. I know this is a different show but I thought that style would it well to "AMC but contemporary" or whatever they said they were going for. But liek I said I still think they need more than a month to really be judged...

• Members

I am bored to death of All My Children for a few months now. Sure great acting, sad Spike lost his hearing and Ian isn't doing well, but It's just so boring to watch. It's the same thing everyday.

And I agree with AMC Zendall Fan, I can not stand Ava, the character is completely trashy and I really would rather see Lily all the time than Ava. AMC is obsessed with the whole Paris/Nicole/Britney act, kinda like what they did with Sydney and Colby last summer, now it's Ava acting like a superstar..Seriously. Not cool, get over it.

I'd rather see more Colby/Sean, and hopefully the Kate/Kathy storyline will pick up (but of course, they ruined that when they killed Dixie off), and knowing what Annie's secret is. Another talk show for Erica is just plain boring. I'll keep one eye on AMC, another else where, but GH/OLTL are by far a hundred times better than AMC at this point (And it's ashame, because overall AMC is my favorite soap...)

• Members

IMO Frons has a hard on for Ava, that's why she's being shoved down our throats, I don't know what their excuse for shoving Greenpuke and Ragemonkey down our throats is.

I'd take Lily over Hova in a heartbeat.

I do know Frons has basically come out and said he doesn't think Chrishell is leading lady material, so that's why Ava keeps getting Amanda's guys. Ugh.

• Members

Chrishell not a leading lady material? What are they talking about? Amanda is a great character, and Chrishell is a good actress. Also, Lily is more a recurring character lately than before. I'd like to see more of her, but it seems like the new writer do not have the intention of using her more.

• Members

There is nothing worse then when new HW(s) come and the show is sh!t from moment one. And when they grip the one 'powerstory' so tightly, keep talking about it and say things like "it's an umbrella story, it's gonna get everyone on the canvas involved"... Once you read the noun umbrella in the interview, you know something's wrong. The dramatic device is way to overrated. Beacuse - mostly - the execution sucks.

So instead of five years of good storytelling Sinckie and I wishfully thought about, we got five days. Nice. :lol: I'm so can't wait for the next episodes! :lol:

• Members

I don't know. I wanted ANYONE but McTavish around August 2006 and later but whn I heard their named mentioned as replacements I wa immediately disappointed. They don't seem to understand AMC. Nixon understood, Broderick understood. Hell, I might give a finger to see Culliton back but these two, they're just not that good.

• Members

I was also very unpleasantly surprised, but still - maybe they can do something, it's still early... I don't know, in the end I don't think Frons' choice will work, but they've just come and they're not going anywhere.

Archived