AMC: Slow, repetitive and just plain boring

• Members

I really am getting sick and tired of watching what feels like the same episode now for 5 straight weeks. The "Crash" storyline was great in the beginning, exciting, lots of emotion and great acting. Well now here we are still talking about it and not really getting anywhere. Judging by how much discussion in the daily threads has gone down most feel this way. Fall previews sound "interesting" so I am holding out for that and hope to turn on the tv one day and not see Zach/Kendall/Ryan/Annie/Greenlee on because that's the show right now. I am getting sick of it. I love Zendall but I am getting annoyed by the constant overload and the repetitive scenes. I can only blame this on transition for so long. I was disgusted by alot of McT's stuff but never bored. I have given B&E 5 weeks and so far they get a thumbs down from me purely based on storyline movement or lack thereof. They have a great idea, just little execution so far. Just thought I'd rant. I don't feel compelled to tape this show right now. Not that I hate it, just I can't be bothered. Repetitive

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, Adam. Usually, when a new regime takes over, there's a new burst of energy and new stories -- but with these guys, it's just been... blah. The first few episodes of the "Crash" storyline were done fabulously. Great editing, pacing, acting -- location scenes. All that. But now, it's just everybody talking about Spike's deaf, Spike can't hear, Spike lost his hearing, Spike's deaf... and that other baby's got something wrong with him, too, but Spike's deaf, Spike can't hear...

Or, Ryan with "MYSON this" and "MYSON that" and "MYSON, MYSON, MYSON" :rolleyes:

B&E aren't grossly strident like McTavish is, but still, it seems like I'm still watching the stuff written during the transition period.

• Members

Imagine how incredibly boring the show is for a someone who doesn't like Zendall and is not a fan of Kendall having two babies so close together. Magnify your boredom and frustration about a thousand times and that is where I am at. Kendall used to be my favorite character and now she has truly become KenDull.

A part of me is still holding out hope that things will pick up and be interesting again but I don't know if these new writers are up for the challenge. And I am not really sure that it is entirely their fault. I think Frons, Carruthers, and the fact that McTavish was kept on the show for so long have pretty much alienated a lot of the audience. They are the ones who fired/lost so many different actors and aren't allowing any real change to happen with the show. The new headwriters don't really have a lot to work with but I still had hoped for more. I wonder if ABC really cares anymore because if they did, they would have fired Frons a long time ago.

• Members

For alot of fans the show is still unrecognizable, even if the storytelling is closer to the root of what AMC truly is, which under B&E I do think is alot closer than McT's drivel. The reason it is unrecognizable, and probably always will be, is how much history of this show is gone, for stupid reasons. Tad and Dixie, pretty much was spit on this past year. So that's gone. Brooke English, a staple for 30 years, poof gone and never even once mentioned by name when her son, Jamie, exits town. I was so disgusted by that it wasn't even funny.

I rode a high after McT was fired and rode it up until a week or two back. I am seing the show as what I said in the subject, a boring, repetitive mess... and it is making me yearn for the good old days alot more and then I come to the sudden realization those days are dead.

I've totally given up o0n Y&R, my other baby, I don't think I'd ever give up on this show totally..... but I don't find myself rushing home to watch it either.

• Members

Gawd, this is the best thing I've ever read...haha really it is. It's exactly what I've been thinking since the pairing of Zendall, actually since the two married and then fell in love but whatever. I used to love Kendall, I thought Zach had great potential, now I can't stand either them.

• Members

Yup. The Brooke conundrum. AMC will nver be AMc again because nobody cares about the characters who are heavily focused. Granted, great character drven story would help, but after having watched B&E's tenure on GL, I realize that character isn't these writers strength.

• Members

ITA it is unrecognizable, and has been for quite some time. Thanks to McTavish, and B&E aren't helping either.

Q:I confess I haven't watched that much, but there was once a promo about JR and Adam teaming up to get Chandler Enterprises back. It really had me interested in tuning in (however I didn't actually). My Q is what happened to this storyline, did they ever get their mansion and company back?

• Members

The thing is, I like B&E and do think they definitely can do better than this. I guess I maybe was blinded by the first two weeks and though OMG this is the best soap I've seen in years. And I think it was. But the simple fact as we have beat to death, is they still are stuck in that time and place.

Start some new storylines, and I was thinking something a little more deeper than Hova planting same sex kisses on Amanda for a publicity stunt. It was "funny" I guess, but very juvenile. Something off MTV which ABC seems to want to channel through AMC. With the steady cams and all last year. And Colby's sweet 16.

• Members

Nope. J.R moved out to be independent. Adam a few weeks back kept talking with some mystery person about taking Zach down... but haven't seen that for weeks. The last storyline Adam had under B&E was.... running around posing as Stuart.

B&E talk about the core characters.... where is Adam?

• Members

I have noticed that Adam's airtime has gone down and I do keep track of the episode count like what is done here (I post it at Soapnet and imdb.com)....I always like seeing Adam front and center to find out what schemes he is up to and what he has cooked up.

Anyways about B&E....I am still liking the show and found their first week and a half to be solid and full of great writing with the Crash story and now they have added a new good story with Annie's past and you still got Adam/JR trying to get Chandler back from Zach. So far the show is just doing good but I want it great or very good.

• Members

David Canary and Susan Lucci have both been on their annual vacations, kinda hard to incorporate them into storylines when they're not around.

I agree, the show has been repetitive, I think it is starting to pick up though, and more characters are being featured.

Personally when a show shoves hated characters like Ava, Ryan and Greenpuke down our throats constantly I know it's enough to turn me off the show.

I mean seriously Ava is so bad, it's gotten me to the point I'm starting to hate Leven and hope she leaves next year.

We can also make a drinking game from all the times Ryan calls Spike "MYSON", I swear that's Spike's new name :rolleyes:

I think there's a turn around coming. I mean people kept saying when Hogan took over for Days "give it time, things will pick up" and that was after he'd been there awhile. I say give it time. They can't work miracles overnight.

IMO there was alot of trash to clean up after the trashbag left.

• Members

I really don't think any of this period can be blamed on Megan McTavish. Her work stopped airing April 26th. I don't really see this as "cleaning up the trash". What trash do you think is being cleaned up Angie?

Archived