AMC: Slow, repetitive and just plain boring

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm a few days behind in my viewing and I might just read recaps instead for most of the reasons Adam and whyamcwhy gave.

I'm not a Zendall fan and I'm tired of seeing them and Ryan/Annie 5 days a week. I hate hearing Kendall constantly complain that she can't be there for both her sons. The Annie mystery makes her more interesting, but not enough for me to sit through her lying to Ryan again and Ryan questioning her about her secrets. It feels like the same scenes over and over.

I also despise Ava, who seems to be the only character not involved with the Crash story who gets significant airtime.

I'm considering taking a break from the show until October to give B&E a chance to write something that can hold my interest.

• Members

Frons always loved the character of Greenlee. That's why he was so dead set on giving Greenlee another hit couple after Josh Duhmel left AMC. Rebecca stayed and Frons pretty much forced the writers to write new love interests for Greenlee that's why we got Juan Pablo and Carlos as love interests before Frons forced the pairing of Ryan and Greenlee. Frons loved Ryan and he thought that Ryan had the magic touch (both of his pairings between Kendell and Gillian were absurdly popular) that's why he had Greenlee and Ryan paired together. He thought they would be a big hit and instead they ended up being luke warm and fizzled at the end of 05'.

Frons loved both characters Ryan and Greenlee. Which is why he is pushing Ryannie so hard in the interviews. I am sure that if people were responding better to Sabine as Greenlee he would be pushing a triangle.

Chrishell is a good actress. However I think Levenn can act circles around her.

I think Chrishell is a good actress however IMO she doesn't compare or rate when in comparision to Kelli Giddish, Eden Rigel, Alexa Havins, Levenn Rambin, Melissa Claire Egan, Alicia Minshew, Terri Ivans or even the seldom seen former starlet Tanisha Lynn. Sure she is better then Ambyr Childers but I don't think Chrishell compares to any of the above younger actresses.

Sure she has a nice little rapport with Jeff Branson, Aiden Turner and struck gold with Kate Collins but I still think she is limited very limited as a dramatic actress.

He pushed her hard didn't he? :lol: She has Frons to thank for those two emmy nominations.

I don't think Chrishell is leading material either. :unsure: to be honest.

She is fine as an ensemble but I don't believe she could carry an entire storyline by herself. She needs someone to back her. She needs to be supported by other actors and actresses. Rigel she is not.

To be honest Young, Havins and Bruening are more natural behind the carmera then Chrishell is IMO. Chrishell is a good actress and she does have a spark about her however I don't believe that she is a powerhouse actress. As I stated above I think many other actresses could easily out act her. Even Jacob Young who has relatively two sides to his character could reel in a better emmy tape then her. Havins will chew Chrishell out if it came down to the two girls having an audition over the same role. Havins can easily bitch slap her out of a scene in terms of acting performence and acting style. While Justin may not be the best actor I still think he is more comfortable on screen then Chrishell is and I think his breezy, mellow style fits well for his character.

Chrishell and Connie (ex-Erin) are on the same wave length as far as acting goes. They have good rappaport and chemistry with their counterparts and when the performences are there they deliver. However they are by no means a solo act. IMO.

• Members

I agree. God I loathe that man. I also notice that the brunettes on his show tend to usually end up lightening their hair over time. I loved KM with the dark dark hair she had at the beginning of her run on GH. I don't like the colour as much now. The other thing is all the actress seem to turn into sticks. KS is withering away over there at GH. There was nothing wrong with her size when she started. I know all the soaps have slim actresses but ABC seems to be the one where they virtually shrink before your eyes. I also agree the blondes get the majority of the storylines. Considering how little of the general population is blonde its pretty blatant. But then ABC is a world where anyone who is not Anglo does'nt exist. Not even someone biracial apparently. No wonder the genre is dying. The only fantasties they want to sell are those of their own- middle aged professional men with a resentment of tough talking and career minded women. As a woman they aren't showing me anything I want to see. You know shows where women have a brain and are independent and strong and can actually live without a man. I have to watch GH clips from the eighties and early nineties to see that. Ok rant over. Just seeing Frons name makes me see red - not blonde :lol:

Archived