Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She and Grigor broke up ages ago. Do they even talk anymore? Grigor is closer to Serena and Venus these days, he describes them as his “besties”. 
Maybe Maria didn’t want to be involved with another tennis player. Many players don’t.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Wimbledon is weird in their policies though. I want to hear more on their decision to take this stand now. 

People are asking why they didn’t take this stand against Chinese athletes with the Peng Shaui situation but I don’t think the two situations are equivalent.

That’s the question, isn’t it?

I mean Grigor is cute, her guy is cute. They’ve both got tons of money. This guy’s an artist, perhaps that’s the draw for her.

Maria might be into her guy for his mind. It does happen, lol.

• Members

There is definite pushback from a number of players as well as the head of the WTA against the ban. The 4 major tournaments definitely showed that they are willing to act punitively without much consensus from players when they acted against Osaka last year, so I don’t know why people believe they would get consensus on a ban, especially if they believe they are justified in doing so.

• Members

The fact of the matter is that most WCs are not merit based, with the exception of the major tournaments (OZ, RG, Wimbledon, USO) where players have to qualify for them.
The fact that IMG now runs this tournament most assuredly means they will dole out these WCs to whoever they want.

It’s the reason some players almost never play anywhere other than a show court at a tournament. 

• Members

Not popular because everyone is empathetic and fair, etc.  - but I'm all for the ban.  I know people can't help what their country does, but in this case, I agree with the Brits.  I wouldn't want a Russian winner near the Royal family.  I have stopped watching the Capitals (I'm DC, and a huge Hockey fan), but got rid of my Ovechkin jerseys.  I think the NHL should have banned them, and that's hard for me to say, but.  They should have.  He makes his money here, and his wife and child are in Russia, so his money goes home to them.  I say no to that.  He's also been a supporter of Putin.  I know he can't speak out now, and they're probably watching his family, but people have defected under tough situations before, and I don't see them doing it.  He needs to go home to Russia and be in the country he loves so much.  I just feel that it's one thing to elect the wrong leader and everyone having to deal with it.  It's an entirely other thing that the leader orders an attack on innocent people.  Ban them.  I saw a story that Putin had mentioned Western cancel culture and that it was not fair.  Don't know if it's true or not, but it rings true that he would say something like that.  To which I say damn right we'll cancel your ass.  LOL.