The Tennis Thread

• Members

That.  I think if things were going of the rails for me - I would have sold a longgggg time ago. Lie about it to friends.  Just say - meh, ya know, why not downsize.  Not getting any younger, and it's not like we need all this stuff in life.  A lot less to think about, a lot less to worry about, I'm downsizing.  And really, it wouldn't be a lie.  Yes, you had to do it, but....it did make sense, and why not.  That's what a reasonable person would have done.  I think Robert Downey Jr. just figured it out and got his act together.  I was always a fan of him and it was hard to see, and I was glad to see him come out of it.  

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Robert Downey Jr. was once quoted as saying that he felt that prison had saved his life. He had to attend therapy sessions, including group therapy, and it helped him. 

Jail is not rehabilitative for a lot of people but RDJ clearly figured out a way to make effective use of his time in there. 

• Members

If Big Foe can't close out these matches in the minimum required sets, he will be held to one title for his entire career.  I really wanted Estoril for him.  So much fun to watch and I'm so hoping for a deep run in a Slam this year.  Grass is out of the question so RG or USO.  

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

Coco is about to be a footnote if something doesn't happen really quick.  I said it about 6 months ago - this is the year that something should be happening.  I'm not saying wins, but Quarters and Semis very regularly - consistency.  And it's not there.  I think she's done.

• Members

While I don’t believe in making prognostications over anyone’s career prospects (especially someone who is still a teenager), the idea that (as some were trying to assert) Coco would be the “next Serena” was always a long-shot at best.
I have always said that she was just as likely, if not more to be like Amelie Mauresmo who didn’t win a major until her mid 20s or hey, Flavia Penetta who had a respectable career before winning her sole major title then retired. 

If Coco stays healthy, she can have a very good career, as it is her prospects as a doubles player has a lot more upside, especially if she chooses her partners wisely.